+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Tony.

Hi Jason

RF as Alan mentioned is very pervasive and particulaly elusive if you are trying to locate / pin down a particular issue you know is relevant.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Steve.

Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    http://www.data-connect.com/Patton_570_580.htm

Ive just used one of these to galvanically isolate my hifi network from the modem and in power extenders and the sound quality improvements are significant. Comparable to some of benefits described by people using grounding solutions potentially.

i have essentially eliminated a ground loop in the communication network.

My soundstage is wider, taller and most noticeably much deeper. Music is also more relaxed , open and natural sounding.

I borrowed this from a friend and I grounded the strap to my power hub earth point with 1m of 5 strand solid silver litz that i initially bought for a DIY entreq style ground box.
    Good stuff Martin
    Seems to be US centric
    How much did you pay and where did you get it ?

Do you have any other mains devices around like ferrite chokes, filters or other ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdog View Post
    Hahaha
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdog View Post
    Yes. The original principles were laid down by Professor Stanley Unwin in the late nineteen fiftes. Every subsequent interpretation has been based on his model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P1EVuiFEfs
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

good old Stan. He was in one of the Carry ons
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Mike

The network transformer is likely to be 10 years old , they have been sat in a control systems engineers drawer for 10 years at work. The model i have is the 570 but i see some 580 ones on US ebay with starting from 10$.

The guy on the AV forum who put me on to this linked this offering from RS https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/signa...oning/7511392/

I'm Martin.

I didnt want to splash out £150 on the off chance , however with the results ive got I absolutely would spend 150 on this, its probably raised my systems performance by at least 10%

I dont run any ferrites , i picked up an old Russ Andrews ultrapurifier about 6 months ago that sits in the same power strip, passively.

I have a few upgraded power cables in the system, all picked up second hand , a couple of which I can see components in the plugs but ive no idea what they are or if they even still work.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Trust me, horizontal or vertical orientation makes no difference to surface area.
    Your chosen installation method did that. You could have done the same thing vertically, but it would have been much harder, and more expensive.
    Obviously there will no change to the contact surface area between the rods and the soil, but the efficacy of the earthing system will depend on orientation, depending of the variation of soil conductivity with depth. It cannot be assumed that the conductivity will automatically increase with depth: it depends on the composition of the soil, whether there is a rock layer under a shallow depth of soil, etc.

I worked in radar and microwave research for thirty years and can tell you that there are a whole variety of earth electrode geometries and configurations that can be used depending on the environment where the system will be installed, and each have different and frequency dependant complex impedance. At ultra high frequencies often the inductance of the earth system is more important than the resistance.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Default Article on hifi noise and ground loops

https://www.prosoundweb.com/topics/a...oise_problems/

This article was useful in explaining ground loop noise and other bits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast