+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

I'm Drew.

Apologies in advance if I’ve missed the relevant info as I’ve only been following the thread in parts... Am I to understand that the manufacturer/ seller is not providing any info as to the internal components of the grounding box??

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Apologies in advance if I’ve missed the relevant info as I’ve only been following the thread in parts... Am I to understand that the manufacturer/ seller is not providing any info as to the internal components of the grounding box??
    Yes, which he is not obligated to so. Unfortunate, as no one understands how the things work!

I'm Tony.

Here is a little more to add to the confusion Oli, the various models also increase in performance (all round) as you progress through the range. Which again is pretty much straight away in the majority of systems they are attached to. We did try the various models at Alan's as while we were tinkering about with RF measurement the other day.

The internal components of the RTZ 'box' are CS intellectual property, exactly the same as the recipe for Coke a Cola and Lee and Perrings are those companies IP, it is exactly the same if you like either of those products you purchase them, if they do nothing for you, then you will not purchase them, very straightforward.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Here is a little more to add to the confusion Oli, the various models also increase in performance (all round) as you progress through the range. Which again is pretty much straight away in the majority of systems they are attached to. We did try the various models at Alan's as while we were tinkering about with

The internal components of the RTZ 'box' are CS intellectual property, exactly the same as the recipe for Coke a Cola and Lee and Perrings are those companies IP, it is exactly the same if you like either of those products you purchase them, if they do nothing for you, then you will not purchase them, very straightforward.
    Not exactly the same as Coca Cola et al where the basic ingredients are listed. If you buy coke and don’t like it there is no real financial dent, in this case however...

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by da2222 View Post
    Not exactly the same as Coca Cola al where the basic, principal ingredients are listed. If you buy coke and don’t like it there is no real financial dent, in this case however...
    You can always try it before you buy it. I don't think any of the owners we have heard from so far bought one without having had a demo first.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Financial dent = increased performance.

Seriously it is almost like you have doubled the price of the system, if not more. In fact if you did double the price of all your gear you wouldn't necessarily get a much better result than before.

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You can always try it before you buy it. I don't think any of the owners we have heard from so far bought one without having had a demo first.
    Cheers, I wasn’t aware of that

However I’d still like a general idea of the internals as is customary when buying an amp, tt or other kit. Knowing it doesn’t contain shortbread isn’t much help...
    Last edited by da2222; 09-02-2019 at 10:26.

I'm malcolm.

Has anyone listened to the results via a headphone system?
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

Seriously it is almost like you have doubled the price of the system, if not more. In fact if you did double the price of all your gear you wouldn't necessarily get a much better result than before.
    It must be good if you bought one.
    As you are a retired EE, and as someone who used to dabble in Radio etc. I am patiently waiting for your explanation of how it works.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/C...nd_Control.pdf

This contains a bit if information that may explain a little.
    I have just had a quick read and this didn’t explain much. In fact there are some technically inaccurate statements in it, I’ll let them slide as it does say it has been written for people with little or no background knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post

This is quickly approaching the realms of “hyperbole”!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast