+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    hmm,conductive concrete,i wonder if thats in the boxes,either dry or in powder form???
    https://www.powerandcables.com/marconite-earthing/
    How many bags can we order lol

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalboon View Post
    Hi Marco, your electrician will be measuring the earth fault loop impedance, on a TT earthing system (where safety earth is provided by a ground rod) the better the soil conductivity the lower the impedance. This test is conducted between Live and Earth. Mains impedance is tested between Live and Neutral, this will not be altered by soil conditions.
    Ok, no worries. Thanks for the correction! All I know, is that *however achieved* lower impedance ALWAYS results in better sound quality

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    How many bags can we order lol
    Cat litter (bentonite) works as well, so just need a copper coil in a litter tray and the helpful kitty keeps the impedance low by using it.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Deleted.

I used to have an additional earth in my previous house where the listening room was right next to the garden. I keep meaning to fit one at this house but the listening room is two floors up and I just haven’t got round to it.
    Account Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Cat litter (bentonite) works as well, so just need a copper coil in a litter tray and the helpful kitty keeps the impedance low by using it.
    Ha - I used to 'train' my cats to piss on the earth rods, for that very purpose!

The conductivity of their piss, also used to vary, depending on the type of food that they were fed... Felix was usually best

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm malcolm.

And the ammonia helps clear the wax in your ears
    Audiophile Tosher

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I used to have an additional earth in my previous house where the listening room was right next to the garden. I keep meaning to fit one at this house but the listening room is two floors up and I just haven’t got round to it.
    You should make the effort, Mark, and do it [but do it *right* and don't cut any corners, as I know you tend to anyway with your projects]. In conjunction with a dedicated mains radial, it just cleans everything up nicely and really allows your system to release its full sonic potential

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Deleted.

Yeah, I had a dedicated mains radial fitted when I moved in. I feel I should do it myself but I can’t be doing with crawling in roof spaces these days.
    Account Deleted

I'm Tony.

Some food for thought think of an RF amplifier in reverse, not a transmitter but the exact opposite, an ultra low impedance sink, RF frequencies are a law unto them themselves normal service does not apply these higher bandwidths. Also think of very low signal levels both current and voltage.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Some food for thought think of an RF amplifier in reverse, not a transmitter but the exact opposite, an ultra low impedance sink, RF frequencies are a law unto them themselves normal service does not apply these higher bandwidths. Also think of very low signal levels both current and voltage.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that high frequency currents, assuming that these are the ones we are trying to minimise, follow the lowest inductive(?) impedance path.
    I’m a little hazy on this (and might be barking up the wrong tree) as it’s been a fair few years since I had any dealings with this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast