+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes - The real deal

Bigman80 Guest

Spend is up to £15 after a little discovery earlier.

I'm Geoff.

Don't forget to put a lid on it or the cat may think it's a litter tray.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Don't forget to put a lid on it or the cat may think it's a litter tray.
    Yep,, that's what it might end up being lol

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Spend is up to £15 after a little discovery earlier.
    Oops. An extortionate 50% increase in cost! This hifi hobby can certainly be expensive.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Oops. An extortionate 50% increase in cost! This hifi hobby can certainly be expensive.
    Yes, a total farce start to finish

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If Tony wants a real challenge he is welcome to bring his ‘grounding solution’ ( I hope that is the proper term?) to my system. If it works as suggested I am more than happy to sing it’s praises and also add it to my system. Please PM if interested Tony?
    I'm sure Tony will smile when/if he reads your invitation.

What possible incentive is there for him to travel to Yorkshire (with associated expense in time and fuel), when the benefits of his RTZ products can be readily demonstrated at Coherent Systems HQ?

For the record, I made the trip to Buckinghamshire three weeks ago and listened as Tony added his grounding cables to different inputs/outputs on his system and the improvement is not subtle as already described on this thread!

I know of one other satisfied customer in Chobham who has proceeded to purchase Tony's top RTZ system and Tony's present problem seems to be satisfying demand for his products!

Yes, they are expensive and not everyone can justify the expense, but if you have a system you are currently enjoying, then, believe me, prepare for that enjoyment level to be increased when the RTZ is added!

I have spent the last week or so with a loan Entreq Silver Tellus and four Entreq Apollo Eartha cables attached to my preamp, Transport and DAC and these boxes/cables do enhance the listening experience in all the areas described by the various manufacturers (lower system noise level, increase in dynamics, greater bass depth, soundstage improvement with more "space" around individual instruments/performers).

The effects are both cumulative (with the addition of more cables to unused RCA/XLR/BNC/USB etc inputs and outputs) and expensive!

My main gripe about Entreq products are their physical dimensions and weight! The Silver Tellus box weighs 22kg and is the size of an amplifier!

Tony's RTZ products are much more compact and the heaviest reference box, the RTZ3 is under 15kg in weight.

I shall be pursuing the Coherent Systems RTZ option further!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

I'm Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Tony makes a claim for 'unspecified reduction' in noise in his web copy. He'll have to back that up with numbers and methodology or withdraw it if the ASA chose to investigate. That's how these things work.
    Give the guy a break. It's like you want him to get into trouble. If the ASA is anything like most of these quango type bodies they're clueless.

I'm Tristan.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If Tony wants a real challenge he is welcome to bring his ‘grounding solution’ ( I hope that is the proper term?) to my system. If it works as suggested I am more than happy to sing it’s praises and also add it to my system. Please PM if interested Tony?
    You're too kind.

I'm Mike.

The only bad thing about the RTZ are these crap photos taken by this punter

TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    The only bad thing about the RTZ are these crap photos taken by this punter

And the silver front plate Mike!
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast