Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I fear this thread is going to cost me a lot of money if what Alan says is true.
I don't think for a second he is making it up, on the other hand with products like this a lot of diligence is required. Someone elses' sighted listening experience , regardless of who it is, really isn't enough to hang a hat on as far as I'm concerned. Interesting that the effect was magnified by attaching more cables, this does fit in with the theory postulated regarding the Entreq box, and the measurements, that show an increase in noise the more length of cable is attached.

I've seen it theorised that the increased soundstage of a recording on vinyl over its digital counterpart is due to the relatively poor SNR of vinyl. We can't assume that technically better automatically means sounds better since psycho-acoustics does not always work that way. So in theory increasing noise may have the subjective effect of increasing soundstage and that could be what is occurring here.

I wonder if the same effect could be had by simply attaching long, unscreened cables to all unused inputs? They would not need to be attached to anything at the other end to act as aerials.