+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: turntable £150max preferably less

I'm Kulwinder.

Got a mint Pro-Ject Genie 1.3 - in black - with a new belt and an Ortofon Red. Unbelievably good...

montesquieu Guest

Lots of interesting offers from people but in the end I went a bit above budget and plumped for a Technics SL10.

Never had a linear tracker before and novelty really was a driver for me here.

Now need to be looking out for decent P-Mount cartridges.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and apologies for being picky. No doubt the SL10 will end up on here at some future date but in the meantime I'll have had some fund and learned something new (in theory anyway).

I'm Graham.

Nice leftfield choice Tom, will be interesting to hear your thoughts. Being an idler fan, it should give you the drive you like. Having now pulled apart a couple of Technics, I can safely say they are built to last.
    Graham

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Lots of interesting offers from people but in the end I went a bit above budget and plumped for a Technics SL10.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and apologies for being picky. No doubt the SL10 will end up on here at some future date but in the meantime I'll have had some fund and learned something new (in theory anyway).
    Have had both the SL-10 and SL-7 in the past. Ortofon OMP-10 is a reasonable budget option, albeit a little clinical for my tastes.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post

I think you might well be a bit surprised Tom.

I still have an SL-10 and a couple of SL-7 's. I prefer the SL-7 but either are extremely good for the money.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12