+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: SME 3009r headshell advice

  1. #1
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Southwell Notts

    Posts: 223
    I'm Paul.

    Default SME 3009r headshell advice

    Hi I have just become the owner of a superb CTC Garrard 301 & SME 3009r tone arm (which I have to say I am very impressed with)....as I intend to have a couple of additional cartridges I will need a couple of spare headshells & the correct one for this arm S2-R.I cannot see any of these for sale so my question is will a S2 Headshell suffice...

    thanks
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

  2. #2
    Join Date: Jul 2011

    Location: lancashire

    Posts: 731
    I'm brian.

    Default

    I have quite a few sme 3009 headshells that i will sell.

    But i dont know which one you are looking for.

    Can you post a picture or a link to the one you want.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Join Date: Aug 2017

    Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

    Posts: 258
    I'm Graham.

    Default

    I have one of these for sale but with the proper slotted screws . 25.00 + P&P 5.00 by Royal Mail:


    PM me if interested.
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

    Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

  4. #4
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Southwell Notts

    Posts: 223
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by take5 View Post
    I have quite a few sme 3009 headshells that i will sell.

    But i dont know which one you are looking for.

    Can you post a picture or a link to the one you want.

    Thanks
    Hi this is the link to the S2-R headshell & box that came with my Garrard

    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SME-S2-R-Box...-/263419496620
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

  5. #5
    Join Date: Jul 2011

    Location: lancashire

    Posts: 731
    I'm brian.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pidge22 View Post
    Hi this is the link to the S2-R headshell & box that came with my Garrard

    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SME-S2-R-Box...-/263419496620
    There are no pictures available on that link.

    But he does say that he was selling an S2r box but with S2 headshell.

    I think mine are probably plain old S2 versions

  6. #6
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Southwell Notts

    Posts: 223
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    Thanks ....I wonder if anyone can advise if the S2 will work on a 3009R tonearm....ie is there ny difference between the s2 & s2R....
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

  7. #7
    Join Date: Sep 2016

    Location: Brussels, Belgium

    Posts: 117
    I'm Tim.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pidge22 View Post
    Hi I have just become the owner of a superb CTC Garrard 301 & SME 3009r tone arm (which I have to say I am very impressed with)....as I intend to have a couple of additional cartridges I will need a couple of spare headshells & the correct one for this arm S2-R.I cannot see any of these for sale so my question is will a S2 Headshell suffice...

    thanks
    Congratulation ! Vintage combo look that the Ortofon SPU 'G' type alloy or bakelite headshell grace better than any other IMO. But unless you have a lucky golden hand, they do come to a price when in the hand of the dealers in the "known". Admitting that most cartridges should benefit a mounting plate most of the time as well... They are rare, pricey and fussy. But once all is there; a blessing !
    - Cart Denon DL-102 in bakelite Ortofon SPU 'G' type headshell
    - TA SME 3009 'Improved' converted in heavy mass with detachable headshell
    - TT Thorens TD160 'E' totally tweaked driven by an 'Eagle & RoadRunner' PSU & tachometer combo
    - Matts top to bottom: leather, cork, felt & 12" vinyl
    - Pre-amp 'Modulis' Isem
    - Amp 'Exampli' Etalon 2x40W
    - Speakers 12" Leak 'Sandwich' first generation creatively recapped

  8. #8
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Southwell Notts

    Posts: 223
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I have one of these for sale but with the proper slotted screws . 25.00 + P&P 5.00 by Royal Mail:


    PM me if interested.
    PM Sent...
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

  9. #9
    Join Date: May 2008

    Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with far away trains passing by...

    Posts: 14,556
    I'm David.

    Default

    There are at least two versions of this shell. The first had no holes and the one pictured is the famous 60's/early 70's example. Later on in the 70's, SME beefed up the metal thickness a little, riveted the finger lift to the side and thi smeant the top could be made totally flat, so the cartridge wasn't stood off the main top of the shell as it used to be.

    SME used to supply a black-tac kind of 'paste' which you could put between top of cartridge and the shell, removing the surplus with a coctail stick or similar. Tamed the slight 'edge' no end
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

  10. #10
    Join Date: Jan 2011

    Location: Southwell Notts

    Posts: 223
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    There are at least two versions of this shell. The first had no holes and the one pictured is the famous 60's/early 70's example. Later on in the 70's, SME beefed up the metal thickness a little, riveted the finger lift to the side and thi smeant the top could be made totally flat, so the cartridge wasn't stood off the main top of the shell as it used to be.

    SME used to supply a black-tac kind of 'paste' which you could put between top of cartridge and the shell, removing the surplus with a coctail stick or similar. Tamed the slight 'edge' no end
    Thanks for the info....hopefully the one pictured is the S2-R & will work with my 3009-R as i have bought it!
    Klimax DS/3,Lp12,Keel,Aro,Radikal/1,Kandid & Tron Seven (Ultimate) Klimax Kontrol/1,Solos/1 & Akurate 242's (mark 3)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •