+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra/Bonus Songs On CD

I'm Steve.

Non of my gear is remote controllable, except for the Densen CD player, which needs something called a "Gizmo", and they cost silly money so that's not going to happen. I'd rather walk the eight feet from me sofa.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I sometimes feel that the identity of an album has been messed with through adding tracks. I'm not talking about reissues since you know where the original ended (I quite like getting extras on those) but about new releases in recent years which may come in several different versions. It's sometimes hard to tell what the actual album is and what's the fluff that's been added. In the CD era albums have gone on too long anyway, IMHO, to have as consistently high a standard as say in the 70s. I'd rather have 8 tracks / 40 minutes of "Let There be Rock" than 15 tracks / 55 minutes of "Black Ice".

Pete

I'm Steve.

I'd rather have 52 minutes of total silence than have to sit through "Trevor Horn Reimagines The Eighties". Don't need a remote for that one, just a strong arm and a canal.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Additional, "bonus" tracks wind me up no end.
    Sometimes it's material that sits well with the album, but more often than not it's material that was rejected first time around, and it should have remained that way.
    I buy CDs all the time, rip them to my home server, and stream them.
    With the bonus stuff I tag it as "bonus tracks" or "bonus material", and it shows up as a separate location, and doesn't play unless you add it to the playlist.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm John.

Bonus tracks get on my nerves too. They are supposed to add value to the cd, but what was a great album when originally released rarely needs a load of additional fluff to enhance it. If anything it detracts.

Another thing with albums from modern times on CD or stream is that they go on too long. How often can an artist sustain brilliance over 16 tracks? It's hard enough over 10. Just cut out the weakest tracks and make it a better but shorter album.

Oh, and bonus discs with out-takes and alternative mixes. I wonder how many of them get played more than once, if at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Another dislike is 2 albums on same CD, or boxsets where to save a dics they have say 4 or 5 albums on 3 discs.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Most 'extra tracks' are a pile of shite that never made the original album for the simple reason that they were shite. The only exceptions I can think of are Love's first two LPs, where the CD versions have singles added on. The singles were at least as good as the album tracks, and I never owned the original LPs, so the running order isn't embedded in my subconscious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12