+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra/Bonus Songs On CD

I'm Martin.

Default Extra/Bonus Songs On CD

Am in the process of duplicating my vinyl albums on CD. Yes, 35 years too late but what can you do? Note I'm duplicating rather than replacing since I can't bring myself to actually sell the vinyl.

Anyway quite a few of the CDs I have bought have either bonus tracks at the end of the standard album or additional ones in the body of the album that due to the playing time constraints of a 12 inch disc were omitted from the vinyl release.

Frankly it's really getting on my tits. These are mostly albums I have owned for 30 plus years and listened to dozens, in some cases hundreds of times. The bonus tracks at the end annoy me because I'm used to how the album used to end. There's a sort of satisfaction you get as the last note dies away, a sense of completion if you will. Now after a 1 second pause another song starts up! Just wrong.

Even worse are the interspersed tracks. I'm used to the songs being in a particular order, how one follows another seems natural and right. For example with Jethro Tull's 'Crest Of A Knave' there are two songs not on the vinyl interspersed with the ones that are. Seriously, this ruins the whole thing for me. I don't mind if there are extended versions of the songs - such as with 'Brothers In Arms', in fact I quite like that. But the interlopers are not welcome!

Is this just me or does anyone else have this problem? I'm guessing if you stream an album it can have all this unwanted tat on it as well?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I don't mind if there are additional tracks at the end- I can either listen to them or stop the CD. But putting extra tracks inside the album - that would bug the shit out of me. I mean, the original album stands as a self-contained body of work and shouldn't be messed with. Like buying a print of Constable's "The Hay Wain", and finding someone's added a Land Rover with a winch
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't mind if there are additional tracks at the end- I can either listen to them or stop the CD. But putting extra tracks inside the album - that would bug the shit out of me. I mean, the original album stands as a self-contained body of work and shouldn't be messed with. Like buying a print of Constable's "The Hay Wain", and finding someone's added a Land Rover with a winch
    In the case of the songs in the album they have been there all along - if you got the CD. They just aren't there on the vinyl versions that I'm used to. I can never find the remotes to my cd players either so by the time I've walked down the room to stop the CD the bonus track has started.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Most can be programmed to miss tracks out
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Need to find my remote don't I?

Hidden tracks do me in too. Get distracted by something after the albums finished, next thing you know it blasts out and scares the shit out of you.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Get one of those logitech things. Do everything in house
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Too complicated. I was up to needing 7 remotes at one point which did start to get silly but I've scaled it back to four.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Once set up they are easy enough. Gary has one I think. They are often on offer. I've got 6 remotes upstairs alone. More in living room. I probably should get one
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The first time I ever got a bit of kit that had a remote was 1995 when I bought a CD player. First thing I ever had with a remote was an Hitachi telly I rented in 1994. So never thought it essential, not for the hi-fi anyway.

When VHS came out my father rented the cheapest, crappest machine in the shop. No remote and it ate tapes all the time and we kept having to call the man out to sort it. In the end he caved and rented the next crappy model up and not the Ferguson 'Videostar' that we wanted. 'This one comes with a remote control!' he says.

Turned out the 'remote control' actually required it to be attached to the VCR by a length of cable. Now my father was an intelligent man with a degree in Physics from Manchester University but man, he carried on arguing with my brother that it was a 'remote' control for a good thirty minutes before finally giving in.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The first time I ever got a bit of kit that had a remote was 1995 when I bought a CD player. First thing I ever had with a remote was an Hitachi telly I rented in 1994. So never thought it essential, not for the hi-fi anyway.

When VHS came out my father rented the cheapest, crappest machine in the shop. No remote and it ate tapes all the time and we kept having to call the man out to sort it. In the end he caved and rented the next crappy model up and not the Ferguson 'Videostar' that we wanted. 'This one comes with a remote control!' he says.

Turned out the 'remote control' actually required it to be attached to the VCR by a length of cable. Now my father was an intelligent man with a degree in Physics from Manchester University but man, he carried on arguing with my brother that it was a 'remote' control for a good thirty minutes before finally giving in.

Ah, Ferguson Videostar, I remember them, quality stuff. You could programme them with your foot iirc. A bit of a target for burglars, so you had to put a cushion in front when going out so potential thieves didn't see the display.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast