+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MQA enabled

MQA is a rebranding of the good old pilot tone as used on FM stereo broadcasts. It was designed to do a frequency lift of the high frequencies in such things as mp3 files, which traditionally has those frequencies rolled off. If you have tone controls on your amp, you can achieve the same result as MQA.

I'm Jo.

MQA isn't for me either. Nothing to do with its sound, but solely because I believe it to be prejudicial to my interests as a consumer.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Have you done any comparison between Qobuz and lossless CD rips?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Most of my CDs are older ones from before the loudness wars (mainly 80s and upto mid 90s).

I do still buy old 80s discs by consulting the DR Database and the Steve Hoffman Audio forum.

I also do streaming (Qobuz) to get the best of both worlds. Qobuz is great for going on holiday - when you don't want to have to spend time loading flacs on SD cards. My new Fiio M9 DAP streams Qobuz at HiRes:-

FIIO M9 DAP

Hi-Res albums tend to be based on later and louder masterings - so in most cases no comparison is possible with my CDs.

Occasionally modern Hi-Res stuff will beat out old 80s CDs. The latest 24-44 resolution 2018 Kate Bush masterings sound better than my old 80s discs. Kate clearly has a decent set of ears - they did a great job on these remasters.
    Last edited by Theadmans; 22-01-2019 at 18:52.
    Adam.

I'm Grant.

Mqa rocks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mqa rocks
    I agree. I'm sorry others have not heard benefits from MQA files but for me the improvement over standard resolution files is significant. Of course, I am using a lot of processing power to umpsample these files to DSD128 but I am happy to do this for the smoother more analogue sound!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I agree. I'm sorry others have not heard benefits from MQA files but for me the improvement over standard resolution files is significant. Of course, I am using a lot of processing power to umpsample these files to DSD128 but I am happy to do this for the smoother more analogue sound!
    Yup I've started using a i7 processor and 16gig ram. It does smooth things even more for the rpi
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12