+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back into cycling

I'm Svend.

Ben, if you don't think you'll ever get into the rough stuff on your bike, then you might think about swapping the squishy fork for a rigid one. You would shave a couple of pounds off the weight.

OTOH, you might really like the forest paths and want to try some real MTB trails at some point. Tons of fun to be had there . You will need to keep the boingy front end for that.

I'm Dave.

Interesting this. I have a mountain bike which has been in its packing in the shed for years - never quite got round to putting it together, and trying it. Maybe it's time to do so now, before I can't cycle any more, and age really does kick in. I know others my aged (retired +) who still do a lot of riding, and I do need to make the effort to get fitter
    Dave

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Ben, if you don't think you'll ever get into the rough stuff on your bike, then you might think about swapping the squishy fork for a rigid one. You would shave a couple of pounds off the weight.

OTOH, you might really like the forest paths and want to try some real MTB trails at some point. Tons of fun to be had there . You will need to keep the boingy front end for that.
    Pretty much intend on keeping it stock for now Svend. I've got a lock out on the fork so that helps a bit on the flat stuff.

The plan is to get out to this place within the next few weeks !

www.oneplanetadventure.com
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Interesting this. I have a mountain bike which has been in its packing in the shed for years - never quite got round to putting it together, and trying it. Maybe it's time to do so now, before I can't cycle any more, and age really does kick in. I know others my aged (retired +) who still do a lot of riding, and I do need to make the effort to get fitter
    No time like the present mate!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Pretty much intend on keeping it stock for now Svend. I've got a lock out on the fork so that helps a bit on the flat stuff.

The plan is to get out to this place within the next few weeks !

www.oneplanetadventure.com
    Looks great! Pretty much full-service place for all things MTB, including skills training. Very impressive. Are you taking a clinic?

I'm Ben.

Looks great! Pretty much full-service place for all things MTB, including skills training. Very impressive. Are you taking a clinic?
    I think to start with Il just ride the trails and see how I go, I don't want anything too hard core, more just a reason to spend a few hours riding. Hopefully getting used to some climbing. Apparently the route in may is pretty hilly.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Svend.

You will love it Ben! I can't think of a better way to spend a day than on a mountain bike in the forest. Careful, this could get addictive Pretty soon you'll be hopping logs and bombing the rock gardens

Any questions, ask away -- I've been mountain biking since 1989, so should be able to help with most things.

Enjoy!

Svend

I'm Ben.

You will love it Ben! I can't think of a better way to spend a day than on a mountain bike in the forest. Careful, this could get addictive Pretty soon you'll be hopping logs and bombing the rock gardens

Any questions, ask away -- I've been mountain biking since 1989, so should be able to help with most things.

Enjoy!

Svend

Thanks mate will do!

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Had a very blustery ride out this morning with one of my wife's work colleagues. He's into his mountain biking and had offered to take me out.

It wasn't a particulally adventurous route, mainly taking in canal paths, a few trails and some road work.

Even with the high winds though it was still nice to be out riding. Our route was almost 27k which felt good to me, I'd have easily pushed on a bit further but my partner's bike had a mechanical issued that ended his ride a bit sooner than he was expecting.

Hopefully next week end il push a bit more north of 30 k.

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Svend.

26K for a first ride - good one Ben. How did the bike feel? Comfortable? Handle well? Hope you have a good pair of padded cycling shorts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast