+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: Getting back into cycling

  1. #131
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,251
    I'm James.

    Default

    Might buy an electric bike in about 10 years when I cant get up the hills!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  2. #132
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 46,242
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Might buy an electric bike in about 10 years when I cant get up the hills!
    I've already started working on building one to my own spec, it'll be a bit different. 24v brush motor and lead acid batteries initially. Took me a while to track down a suitable 'pedal assist' controller.
    Repeat after me 'I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay! I must not look on ebay!

  3. #133
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,251
    I'm James.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've already started working on building one to my own spec, it'll be a bit different. 24v brush motor and lead acid batteries initially. Took me a while to track down a suitable 'pedal assist' controller.
    Brilliant!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

    Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

  4. #134
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: Suffolk

    Posts: 1,121
    I'm guy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I have five of my eight to sell when the weather bucks up and lockdown eases. I'll be keeping the other three though .
    ooooh - photographs please (are they steel?)
    LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50/A4O'S, LS5, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

  5. #135
    Join Date: Feb 2011

    Location: Troon

    Posts: 2,426
    I'm tony.

    Default

    Thought my cycling days were over. A couple of neuro surgeries took the wind out my sails.

    Tried one of my bikes last year was able to ride a cycle path...nearly burst out crying.

    I have a steel on one and a orange five-dont think I will be a able to do them justice but an absolute pleasure to turn my legs again.

    Hoping this summer to get me covid belly reduced and turn some miles.

    Still have a motorbike Sorned...you live in hope!!!!

  6. #136
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 77,767
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Thought my cycling days were over. A couple of neuro surgeries took the wind out my sails.

    Tried one of my bikes last year was able to ride a cycle path...nearly burst out crying.

    I have a steel on one and a orange five-dont think I will be a able to do them justice but an absolute pleasure to turn my legs again.

    Hoping this summer to get me covid belly reduced and turn some miles.

    Still have a motorbike Sorned...you live in hope!!!!
    great stuff tony.. just dont overdo it... glad to hear tho. my daughter has done a fair amount during lockdown. or did. shes back working now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

    **Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

    "Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

    It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

    I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  7. #137
    Join Date: Jan 2013

    Location: Birmingham

    Posts: 5,251
    I'm James.

    Default

    This Gravel bike has been superb. Rides like a road bike but has off road capabilities too if you want to do a bit of singletrack.
    [

  8. #138
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: Suffolk

    Posts: 1,121
    I'm guy.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This Gravel bike has been superb. Rides like a road bike but has off road capabilities too if you want to do a bit of singletrack.
    [
    looks very stealthy - cool
    LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50/A4O'S, LS5, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •