Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Good ride out around Kent Surrey Borders, super hilly route for me lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Heres the route we did,

They were all on mtbs where as I was on my gravel bike. Not really the right choice of bike but it performed well for the majority of the ride. Screenshot_2021-05-30-10-56-45-907_com.strava.jpg

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

A little update on all things cycling.

A few months back I signed up to an online fitness coach as I was stagnating a bit and wanted someone to push me and guide me through a weightless programme. Mainly it was for "accountability" and in that respect its helped loads, I'm now 2 stone lighter than I was 3 months ago and feeling fitter than I have been in a few years too. My food intake has changed considerably and I'm being far more sensible in general (though not in any way starving myself). I'm running quite a bit, doing functional weighted movements and also increasing my riding too. Over the last weeks I've started stepping things up and riding more, ditching the car and riding to work (30km round trip) a few times a week and extending my weekend rides up to 50km.

I've still got 5 weeks until my coast to coast ride but I'm very happy with where I currently am in terms of fitness and preparedness. I've treated the bike to a cool set of new wheels from Hunt https://www.huntbikewheels.com/produ...-disc-wheelset. I have another set of these on my MTB and they have proved to be very good indeed so i thought "why not".

which il be pairing them with a more road orientated tire so that should make things as easy possible (when compared to the current gravel tires i'm running). I've also bought a garmin bike GPS which I have already got the full C2C route downloaded onto set up exactly as each of my day rides.

So for the remaining month or so I just have to ride as much as possible and try to drop another 5 lbs or so to hit my dream target weight.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

good news on the fitness thing... its bound to help on your trip.. well done
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Incredible progress Ben - well done
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Ben.

So last week was my solo coast to coast attempt. I'm pleased to say it all went pretty much perfectly and I completed 140 odd miles over 3 days and I was lucky enough to have glorious weather to boot too.

The hills were pretty hard work and I'm not ashamed to say I had to push up a few of them but it's still a huge achievement for me.

IMG_20210909_114550.jpgIMG_20210908_105744.jpgIMG_20210907_150453.jpgIMG_20210907_094124.jpgIMG_20210906_152716.jpg

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Awesome, well done!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

dont blame you pushing on some of those hills.. top job tho.. bravo..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Default Titanium Hummer MTB

Old school Titanium MTB still going strong.

[IMG]P1010933 by , on Flickr[/IMG]
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Ben.

Well time certainly flies and I've not updated this occasional thread in quite a while by the looks of it.

Cycling has taken a back seat over the first half of this year and I've probably done no more than 50 miles in total. But to give myself a bit of a challenge ive booked a couple of days riding the way of the roses route next month.

http://wayoftheroses.info/

It looks like a nice scenic route, the first half of it might be slightly challenging but then levels off towards the end.

http://wayoftheroses.info/route/terrain/

Should be a nice few days riding and this time its be and my brother so if nothing else we will have a few days of bonding & laughs.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast