+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a use for a pallet?

I'm Timothy.

And here I thought from the first pic, that it was just a box of shoes.....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

I'm Gary.

Quick info here Dave:
    http://www.one4power.co.uk/westwick.pdf

https://airlinktransformers.com/post...echnical-notes

Cleans up the mains, dramatically lowers the noise floor and the impedance of the AC supplying your kit.
    The higher the rated transformer the lower the impedance on the output, which was why I got the 10 KVA over my current 2KVA rated model.
    It'll just be powering the hifi.

Cant fit a dedicated line at my property, so balanced mains is the way to go.
    Great improvement with my current BMU, expect a good improvement again with the "big mutha".
    Just wanting to maximise the potential of the kit I have.

I know some people use battery supplies, I heard a couple of setups and imo they aren't the best for amps, especially for those big current swings.
    Good for sources though.

Will see how I get on with it, its a lot bigger than my current one (which is neatly hidden away under an Ikea Lack table), so will have to rearange things a bit to accommodate this one.
    Its in the next room anyway and out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I’m not quite sure what this is for - the transformer thingy that is. Do you have 110v kit perhaps? Is the intention to run most of your house off this, or just the hi-fi zones? Is it really that important to have 230v? Most of the times I’ve measured our mains voltage it comes out at 240v - almost exactly.

Also- you’re obviously already committed to this, but how would mains from a PV array via an inverter, possibly also with a battery (Tesla? ) compare for mains stability and low noise? I believe that modern inverters are very good.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 20-01-2019 at 15:31.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    And here I thought from the first pic, that it was just a box of shoes.....
    Big feet!
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Bill.

Hi Gaz

Have you tried it yet? Does it buzz?

Cheers. Bill

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by BilliumB View Post
    Hi Gaz

Have you tried it yet? Does it buzz?

Cheers. Bill
    It won't buzz, but it might hum a bit, just like this .....

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Andrew.

Thinking on supplying the national grid with that thing?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Thinking on supplying the national grid with that thing?
    Naa...
    just the wireless.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Plumbed it all in last night...

Oh yes...

Simplified install compared to the last time I set one up, and maybe better for it.
    No "hydra" breakout box this time, just simple and neat.

All wired up with Oyaide Black mamba 2 cable (favoured in Japanese Studio's apparently), hardwired from the wall, with two balanced outputs from the BPS.
    One output to a double socket, the other to a Maplins Linear supply set to 12V powering my router.

Plugged into the double socket is my Sony OLED tv and a Wireworld Matrix 2 6-way mains block.
    All star earthed, high purity copper and such, the Naim guys recommend them as an upgrade.

From there all my kit (SET power amp, PS Audio Preamp, Dac, Phono stage as well as the Oppo Bluray, and Michell T/T PSU is hooked up with Wireworld Silver Electra 7mains cables, as is the block itself to the double socket.
    Big fan of Wireworld cables , use their new Gold Eclipse 8 interconnects throughout my system now best I've heard.
    Happy with my Morrow speaker cable though and no wish to change that.

Reckon mains improvements is done?
    A big step up from the smaller Balanced mains unit I had, the 10KVA "big Mutha" has far lower impedance as well as just being better all round.
    Big thanks to Grant for the loan of his Power Inspired regenerator.
    This let me see my incoming voltage was sitting at a near constant 247-251V, so I could set the input voltage tap at 250V which gives almost exactly 230V.
    And having tracked it over a few days I knew it didn't fluctuate much at all, which was cool to know.

Sound wise, I noticed the improvement immediately.
    Its big and I'd describe it as instruments, voices and even individual notes being given room and time to come across in a realistic way.
    Hifi boxes are ticked of course, but secondary to the Performance which is...nice.

Big spend, and a big install but getting the return in spades.
    Will take time for it all to bed in (there's also the new valve pre, the mains cables and even new 300B valves) so just sitting back knowing I've put in place what will be the system that will let me step off the equipment merry go round and just enjoy what I have.
    Will sound better as it all beds in, plan is to get the troops over again once it has.

I've enjoyed the journey, but reckon I've reached the destination now.
    Set up a 2nd system in the office which is a lot of fun.

Good hobby this innit?
    Last edited by Gazjam; 26-01-2019 at 12:36.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Alan.

It is when you get the results Gaz. I'm made up with the improvements I have done in the last 12 months.

Not to say more isn't to come

I'm Brian.

Nice one mate . Sounds like all your investment and hard work is paying dividends . Hopefully be over soon
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast