OK oldsters, here's one to remind you of your misspent youth !

A pair of JVC goodies from the early 80s - an A-X3 amplifier and L-F41 direct drive turntable.
All in surprisingly great condition and, as far as I can tell (I've no vinyl to test cartridge or phono stage) all working perfectly.

The deck is a fully automatic, DD affair, with auto start / stop / arm raise and lower with pitch control, speed control and disc size calibration.
Everything works, all the appropriate lights come on and, well, it's a surprising package.
As far as I know, this was the 'junior' DD JVC turntable sold at the time.

The amp has had great reviews - a 55W rms 'Super A' design with, wait for it, defeatable tone controls, tape loops, ability to connect two sets of loudspeakers, power meters (an 80s essential) and, yes, a switchable loudness control. How could you resist ? Only slight 'faults' are a very slightly noisy volume control when turned at the end of its travel (easily tackled with some spray on the contacts) and a slight scuff on one end panel (which you would not normally be looking at). It's a fairly hefty lump at 8.5kg.

Some helpful opinions below;

www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/l-f41.shtml

pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/jvc-a-x3-review-manual.168238/page-2

www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jvc/a-x3.shtml

Looks like parts and manuals are still available (not that any are needed now, although I cannot vouch for the condition of the stylus).

I am looking for £70 for the amp (which was £160 back in 1981) and £50 for the turntable - based in Glastonbury.

More photos available if needed.

Read more: http://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4...#ixzz5d8pdW7yY