+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera and projector question?

I'm Chris.

Default Camera and projector question?

I help out at an Art Group that has demonstrators visit regularly. During these evenings we use a camcorder and linked projector to beam up the demo onto a screen so the big audience can follow whats happening.

Now the camcorder is reaching the end of its days and needs replacing. It occurred to me that we never use the battery that's built in or or more importantly the recording facilities.

My question is, would it be better (cheaper) to find a camera system that plugs in the mains and dispenses with the recording side of it. Does such a thing exist?
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Geoff.

Chris,

am I correct in thinking that you want to be able to project images of documents and photos using a data projector?

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    I help out at an Art Group that has demonstrators visit regularly. During these evenings we use a camcorder and linked projector to beam up the demo onto a screen so the big audience can follow whats happening.

Now the camcorder is reaching the end of its days and needs replacing. It occurred to me that we never use the battery that's built in or or more importantly the recording facilities.

My question is, would it be better (cheaper) to find a camera system that plugs in the mains and dispenses with the recording side of it. Does such a thing exist?

I'm Geoff.

Not sure what your budget is, but this device is very flexible. I used this or something very like it at a training event.

https://www.onedirect.co.uk/ipevo/ipevo-vz-r

It has the great advantage that it can be used without a pc, directly into a data projector, or even a flat screen tv (via hdmi).

If this is beyond your budget, you can of course use your smartphone or tablet as a document projector although this will require you to fabricate a cradle to position your phone/tablet above the documents in question. Just google smartphone as document projector or something similar.

Geoff

I'm Geoff.

A cheaper though much less flexible solution is something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aibecy-Port...ith%2BOCR&th=1

The downside is that this device needs to be connected to a PC. Remember though, you can always use it to scan your materials in advance of the presentation and copy the files to a memory stick. They can then be read directly from the memory stick on most new data projectors or large screen tvs. The downside is that it is not possible to add documents during a presentation.

As always, you get what you pay for with these things.

I'm Chris.

Geoff, those devices look good, but our demonstrators (painting pictures) work at all sorts of angles such as on a table, on the floor, on a variety of easels at different angles, so a movable camera on a stand focussed on their developing pictures suits the purpose. No computers involved, so just need to interface with our existing projector.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Geoff.

Geoff, those devices look good, but our demonstrators (painting pictures) work at all sorts of angles such as on a table, on the floor, on a variety of easels at different angles, so a movable camera on a stand focussed on their developing pictures suits the purpose. No computers involved, so just need to interface with our existing projector.
    Why don't you go for a basic digital camera with wifi or hdmi output. You might even find a webcam or security type camera will meet your needs.

+ Reply to Thread