+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evenin' all

I'm NickM.

Default Evenin' all

Hello there, how are you? All well I hope.

I'm not too bad thanks.

So, what does the Art of Sound look like in my world? Well, I like amplifiers. Usually amplifiers that you can plug guitars into. I run a lovely MATAMP and have recently been playing around with a MESA. It's American but I forgive it.

I have a nice recording set up with some AE22 monitors and some lovely old synthesisers, which sound great through the AE22s.

Hi-fi wise I have a QUAD 44 : 405/2 set up with B&W DM602S3 speakers. And I like records, my big love is Canterbury bands (Soft Machine / Caravan / Gilgamesh etc...) but I have quite an extensive Zappa collection if that interests anyone?

My record player is 'functional', let's just say that about it, but I run a Tisbury Domino before the QUAD which helps.

I've also got a nice REGA cd player and an arcam amp somewhere, in the kitchen I think.

So a pretty musical household out here in lovely Mid Wales. Bit cold at the moment though, better get a fire lit.

Nick.....

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nick. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what future plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm NickM.

Well, I could do with a better turntable! I was thinking a Systemdek IIx or a Focus One..........

I'm Steve.

Welcome Nick,

As the late Great Frank Zappa said: "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny, unless you play it on a decent quality turntable". Or something like that
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread