+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fisual S-Flex Studio Grade 2.5mm Review

I'm Dave.

Default Fisual S-Flex Studio Grade 2.5mm Review

First I'll start of by saying you need to be careful cutting the outer white sleeve, its very soft and flexible and in a blink of a eye you can cut into the red/white copper protection, don't ask !!.

Right now lets give you a short review of my initial test. AudioVisual are interested in my comments and asked for a link to the post on AOS

Previous cable was Ortofon spk100, which was Ortofon's entry cable some 30yrs ago and no longer made. I have had this on various systems over the last 30yrs so know what it sounds like. I installed the S-Flex 2.5mm using Nakamichi 4mm Banana Plugs, which is my current choice of plug.

The test music was off the Dali Audiophile CD ripped to FLAC, which is my go to test music. Initial impression was that there is more separation and a mellow bass and not muddled (new cable effect ?). The treble started off a bit harsh and certain pieces of violin made your teeth grind, back to the SPK 100 to check? Not so harsh for definite on the violin but the SPK 100 has thousands of hours and the S-Flex is straight out the packet. Went out and left it on around 7hrs to see if a bit of burn in would change its presentation. Played the same music as this morning again and those violins seem to have lost the screech I heard before? I seem to have a bit more bass? So back to the SPK 100 and a bass check, back to back hard to say ? the one thing I did notice is I can follow different instruments across the 2 channels and it took me by surprise.

Can different speaker cable sound different on different tracks ? It seems so and trying not to think its the placebo effect of changing cables so must be better? Sure I'm hearing different things in different pieces of music, not yet noticed any losses in certain pieces I play a lot, just a very slight sound stage change, where on a familiar piece your sitting engrossed in the music and suddenly hear a note or cymbal that makes you look up which is weird.

Early days yet and a lot more hours and music to see where it all ends up, but initial impression is favourable and look forward to a few more hours in between "Turn It Down "

Cable was ordered from AudioVisual at 14.25hrs yesterday and here at 10am this morning by 1st class Royal Mail. Cable was paid for as a retail customer with my own money and not supplied by AV for review.

I have no connection to AudioVisual, other than a retail customer over the years.
    Last edited by Hypnotist; 16-01-2019 at 20:23.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Dave.

Put another 6hrs on the S-Flex today (yes I had a 6hr listening session, no turn it down as down her Mums) and everything is a lot smoother, either its burnt in a bit more or I'm just accustom to the sound?

Can't see the Ortofon SPK 100 going back on any time soon ? I used to think any good cables sounded the same? Not sure now after the couple of sessions.

Interested in other people thoughts after changing speaker cables.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Andy.

Default Your thoughts a year or so on?

Hi

Noticed your review on the 2.5MM Sflex speaker cables and was wondering after a year or so what your thoughts are now please? I need some long lengths due to a house move and have similar equipment to yours, rega elex-r etc

Thanks

Andy
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

+ Reply to Thread