+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lapp Olfelx active earth screening/sink question

I'm Tony.

Default Lapp Olfelx active earth screening/sink question

I've recently picked up an extension block which has been terminated with Lapp Kabel.

I can see from the plug end that in addition to the earth wire it has another earth wire which I'm assuming is the screening cable earthed?

I have made some DIY mains cables that use Lapp but I didn't earth the screening mesh as it seemed so bulky.

Without taking the plug apart am I right in assuming that what the supplier has done is just take a few strands of the screeing mesh and made this sink to earth?

What are the benefits?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Simon.

To be fair with Lapp they've probably run a wire all the way through the screen rather than pulled a few fibres together at one end.

If you have a hi-fi system that has been designed with almost no power supply rejection ratio in the circuits, a sub standard power supply with very inadequate filtering and/or you live next door to a raft of Taxis company's then you might hear a reduction in noise by using these cables.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread