+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spondylolisthesis

TheMooN Guest

Naproxen is an alternative to Diclofenac with fewer side affects

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Be careful with the diclofenac. I took it for around 8 years for lower back injury only find out recently it and other related drugs, Ibuprofen, Voltarol and so on can cause hardening of the arteries and increased risk of Heart problems. It can lead to cardio vascular disease (heart disease), which I developed 10 years on from stopping taking Ibuprofen for pain relief, could be a coincidence but probably a contributory factor.
    yup, it can cause internal bleeds too, but without it i'd have topped myself a long time ago.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN View Post
    interesting, i used to be on naproxen for a while but when hip got bad it didnt touch it for some reason. thats when i tried diclofenac as a last resort; it helps a bit and all i can expect
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup, it can cause internal bleeds too, but without it i'd have topped myself a long time ago.
    Sorry to hear your having such a bad time with it all Grant. I know how insufferable it can get when it's relentless like that, just have to do whatever you can to get relief. :-(
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMooN

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    interesting, i used to be on naproxen for a while but when hip got bad it didnt touch it for some reason. thats when i tried diclofenac as a last resort; it helps a bit and all i can expect
    See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac , I just went there to check I was not confused about Diclofenac. Also as you can see naproxen is also in the list. I believe someone else on AoS had heart issues from these drugs as well.

Diclofenac consumption has been associated with significantly increased vascular and coronary risk in a study including coxib, diclofenac, ibuprofen and naproxen.[18] Upper gastrointestinal complications were also reported.[18] Major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) were increased by about a third by diclofenac, chiefly due to an increase in major coronary events.[18] Compared with placebo, of 1000 patients allocated to diclofenac for a year, three more had major vascular events, one of which was fatal.[18] Vascular death was increased significantly by diclofenac.[18]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Grant.

Cheery bassa
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

You have to weigh up the possible side effects against the improvements in your condition. I am constantly on 7 meds + the Gabapentin I am currently on. When I read the side effects of any of them it is scary but without them I'd be dead..

I'm Grant.

im on 12 at moment i think. used to be more. trouble is of course they all have consequences and they add up.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

There are interactions which the professionals don't always know about.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    There are interactions which the professionals don't always know about.
    very true. they put me on an new all singing, dancing inhaler and it gave me an itch all over body...terrible; i looked at the sheet and it said this is possible, but when i told doc he said it didnt, i told him too check it out and i was right, when i came off it it faded away...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast