+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denon pma-2000AE integrated amplifier

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    They're great amps. I had the PMA-S10 which, I think, was the next model in the range. It drove B&W 801's in a ballroom without any fuss whatsoever

Really enjot your great amp.
    I am loving it Geoff , just wish I still had the ns1000’s to try on the end of it and not the Thiels ( financial restraints) , just picked up some quad 22l’s though which despite some negative reviews sound pretty good to me .
    Hope you’re still enjoying the CSF stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I am loving it Geoff , just wish I still had the ns1000’s to try on the end of it and not the Thiels ( financial restraints) , just picked up some quad 22l’s though which despite some negative reviews sound pretty good to me .
    Hope you’re still enjoying the CSF stands.

I will be when I'm back in the UK. The Denon is quality. I kept the PMA850, which I preferred in my system, but they're superb amps.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

http://www.audiounion.jp/stock_images/40675.jpg

This was the amp I had, the PMA-S10ii.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.

I'm Andrew.

http://www.audiounion.jp/stock_images/40675.jpg

This was the amp I had, the PMA-S10ii.
    Yes it looks identical but twice the price ! Must be an incredible bit of kit too.

I'm Geoff.

It was a great amp Andy, a beast.
    I did prefer the PMA850 though, just, and sold the S10 for lots more than the 850 goes for. Mind you, the 850 was £700 in 1978!

I'm Andrew.

It was a great amp Andy, a beast.
    I did prefer the PMA850 though, just, and sold the S10 for lots more than the 850 goes for.

I was watching an 850 on eBay , it went yesterday I think .
    This one will do me for a while , I love the luxury of a remote control too .

I'm Geoff.

Yours is a super amp. Keep us posted.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    2900 and 3900 are bit available at reasonable cost now. We're expensive in day.
    Mine is the silver on in pic. Not getting used now I have an oppo but its well made. I fitted a laser to it a couple of years ago. Got a spare laser too just in case lol
    Sorry to thread crap BUT, hi Grant I notice you have the Pioneer BDP 150, I have the 170, doubt theres much difference,mine is great when playing but is very unresponsive with both remote and the facia controls, is yours the same? Ta James
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Sorry to thread crap BUT, hi Grant I notice you have the Pioneer BDP 150, I have the 170, doubt theres much difference,mine is great when playing but is very unresponsive with both remote and the facia controls, is yours the same? Ta James
    ive 2 of these; one was my sons.. no they both work well although the buttons on the player are slower than the remote. thats my spare blueray now as he got marcos old one. i fixed this one up. good pictures on it and does sacd.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12