+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust cover recommendations

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hi Robin,

Can definately recommmend https://plasticonline.co.uk/turntabl...le-covers.html

My retripped moving coil required less tracking force meaning that with the counterweight slightly further back it was just touching my Techies dust cover.

As a result I came across Plastic Online who do a bespoke turntable dustcover service.

They do standard measurements, where you can then add / advise your hand and rear cable access cut out measurements - it's very easy

I then found some techie replacement dust cover rubbers on Ebay which although not a tight fit (I havnt glued them) do the job well.

286 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152233952@N07/]

287 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152233952@N07/]
    Thanks Robert, looks promising
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Robert.

No probs Robin,

Meant to say that there's also a 'custom quote' option at the bottom of the link page where you can basically tell them everything you want, measurements etc and they get back.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

I have one identical to Robert's for my Monarch, and five and a half years on, still looks mint. Money well spent!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

I have a Dais and simply went to a local acrylics firm with my design, chose the flavour and got it made in 5mm; about £75 as I remember. It is huge (10" high and fits on my table top which is considerably larger than the Dais (so I can keep all my day-to-day tools etc under it).

Most large towns and cities have an acrylics company.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12