+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid interconnect cables?

I'm Hugo.

Kimber Silver Streak has been around for decades, using silver for signal and copper for ground and drain wires. It’s actually a thoroughly decent cable.

I'm jamie.

agreed but look at the price of it,and thats 'used'. https://www.google.com/search?q=Kimb...w=1152&bih=511
    if your a diy kinda guy you can get that performance for a fraction,thats what got me into making mine.
    but i also get its a lot bloody easier to just buy them ready made.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Brian.

Yup , RA has been doing it for years with cables such as his Kimber Silverstreak . His cables also use Varistrand technology with conductors of different thicknesses .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm John.

I think it should be noted that if a genuine OCC Silver wire, is to be used on a 1 metre IC as a Signal and Ground, with a natural material dielectric and High Quality ( KLE ) RCA or the like, a DIY Cable can easily cost £140ish.
    I am using a Mapleshade Copper foil RCA cable at present, and this has been very impressive as well as taking a place above a variety of IC's, one which was a very expensive Silver COAX, loaned at the time of receiving the DAC.
    After finding a few very positive DIY cable build articles, where foil is used as the conductor
    and sourcing resonably priced foil in both Copper and Silver, and having buried the info in my Bookmarks.
    I am intending on producing a DIY version, and using more of this type of design throughout the system, before trialling other choices.
    Curiosity has bitten once more.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    me neither,your right,the thought of getting up on the weekend and making 20 pairs of these puts me right off.
    It not just then mate. It's after work too.

People pay and they want them ASAP. Right too. I've been down the garage in my thermals making cables But I love it lol

Bigman80 Guest

This is the future

http://interlinkhouse.com/products/carbon/nanofiber.htm

I'd love to make a DIY version but that's highly unlikely.

I'm Deleted.

Foil cables are odd high capacitance things aren’t they?

When it comes to interconnects there is nothing much new under the sun as there are so many companies competing and it’s just not that complex a construction - there are only so many ways you can connect up a + and a return....

Lots of manufacturers (not just Kimber by any means) have varying geometry and/or metallurgical makeup to their interconnects - every manufacturer feels they need their own USP.
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    This is the future

http://interlinkhouse.com/products/carbon/nanofiber.htm

I'd love to make a DIY version but that's highly unlikely.

If they were Graphene perhaps, but not just CF. VdH has made carbon interconnects for years and very high resistance they are too!
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    If they were Graphene perhaps, but not just CF. VdH has made carbon interconnects for years and very high resistance they are too!
    Graphene!

That's the stuff I was thinking of. Quite right Mark.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Yup , RA has been doing it for years with cables such as his Kimber Silverstreak . His cables also use Varistrand technology with conductors of different thicknesses .
    Didn't I get some silver hybrid ones from you Brian? Or have I got my wires crossed? Ahem
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast