Well, I decided to spend some time and effort attempting to bring my glorious Townshend Glastonbury speakers back from the dead, and to experience the spine tingling joy of the music they produce - something I haven't had since I stashed them in the loft back in 2002!
Both Bass/Mid drivers rearmost suspension foam had collapsed, and the wife had bashed one of the cones in the loft denting the spun aluminium cone, resulting in the voicecoil binding in the magnet.
I removed both units, and began by pulling off all the foam, and replacing it with (of all things) Suzuki scooter air filter foam!!!
I teased out the dents and creases in the cones to the best of my ability, gently 'massaging' with finger and thumb - all things given, I'm really pleased how that turned out.
The marble bottom plate got detached from one cabinet, I cleaned up and reattached this.
Finally, I tested the drivers with a 1.5 Volt battery, soldered and reinstalled them, and am REALLY looking forward to giving them a test tomorrow!!!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk