+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie from the Netherlands, Utrecht

I'm Jacob.

Default Newbie from the Netherlands, Utrecht

Hello everybody,

Last month I upgraded my audio system and music collection. Now spent much time listening and still in the process of upgrading.

I started using Tidal with Roon: great combo to discover new music in losless quality.

Switched from chromecast to RaspberryPi over USB to to my DAC: a Beresford Caiman SEG with Dorado power supply enhancer. The power amp is home build, many years ago. The speakerset consists of satellite boxes and subwoofer, equiped with Seas speakers and also home build. Planning a revision of power amp and speakers, by replacing the aged capacitors.

I do enjoy various kinds of music. Although mainly rock, punk, pop, blues, funk and folk. And I discover new music by using Roon and visiting festivals and concerts. A festival I recommend to everybody is Le Guess Who in my hometown Utrecht. Offering 4 days full with surprising acts and an international public in a historic city center.

Regards!
    Woody

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Steven.

Hi Jacob, welcome to AoS.

Funny, I have never heard of Le Guess Who festival despite having lived in Utrecht close to 500 meters from the Neude square for 10 years when I was a student. I have been living in De Bilt for the last 12 years now but still visit the historic centre of my beloved Utrecht regularly.

I have marked the LGH-website because the line-up sure looks interesting and the next festival will be in November 2019. Thanks for the tip!

Grtz, Steven
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm Geoff.

Hi Jacob. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you if you look through the Digital Expressions section.

Feel free to join in the chat, there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    Funny, I have never heard of Le Guess Who festival despite having lived in Utrecht
    Somehow the festival is quite unknown with the citizens of Utrecht, hope you can make it in November. Besides Utrecht I noticed another similarity, we both use Beresford equipment.

I'm Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you if you look through the Digital Expressions section.
    Thanks for the welcome and tip: definitely a lot of interesting stuff over there!

+ Reply to Thread