+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Chromecast Audio

I'm Gareth.

Default No more Chromecast Audio

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...omecast-audio/

I still have two, bought when Curry’s were selling them for £14, but the lack of gapless playback always left me frustrated.

I'm Grant.

Shame. I've got 2 but dont use them. Maybe the reason
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I have one, but it's currently disappeared - in a box. Might buy another if I can get one, but that might also end up unused!

Currys still seem to have them in some areas - still at £30.
    Dave

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...omecast-audio/

I still have two, bought when Curry’s were selling them for £14, but the lack of gapless playback always left me frustrated.
    Strange I've never experienced this problem.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Grant.

if gapless means no gaps between tracks, then i dont like that. you lose the vibe.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if gapless means no gaps between tracks, then i dont like that. you lose the vibe.
    ???
    Dave

I'm Grant.

guess having used vinyl and cd for years im used to the fade down, gap and start again. not keen on it just abruptly changing.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lee.

Shame,I’m listening to mine now,incredibly good.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    guess having used vinyl and cd for years im used to the fade down, gap and start again. not keen on it just abruptly changing.
    I agree for some music, but gapless is essential for genres like opera. A one or two second gap is fine for separate pieces, but some music, particularly classical, is continuous, yet some downloads have sections in different tracks. This causes big problems in some music. Some players enforce a gap assuming separate pieces even if the tracks should flow on without any audible interruption.

Ripping from CDs can also introduce this problem.

Not sure if this is a problem for any "pop" type material.

I can imagine this being an issue for other music, not only classical - some jazz perhaps.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I agree for some music, but gapless is essential for genres like opera. A one or two second gap is fine for separate pieces, but some music, particularly classical, is continuous, yet some downloads have sections in different tracks. This causes big problems in some music. Some players enforce a gap assuming separate pieces even if the tracks should flow on without any audible interruption.

Ripping from CDs can also introduce this problem.

Not sure if this is a problem for any "pop" type material.

I can imagine this being an issue for other music, not only classical - some jazz perhaps.
    With Opera the gaps are the best bits!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast