+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla lawsuit

I'm Mike.

Speed doesn't kill people stupidity/carelessness does, you can die in an RTC at 30mph too it's just less likely and a lot less messy.

A car in the hands of an idiot at 50mph is a lot more dangerous than one at 100mph in the hands of an expert

I'm Grant.

think its not so much he did 100+ ' . 85 in a 30 zone is as bad and the crash would still likely happen somewhere
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Speed doesn't kill people stupidity/carelessness does, you can die in an RTC at 30mph too it's just less likely and a lot less messy.

A car in the hands of an idiot at 50mph is a lot more dangerous than one at 100mph in the hands of an expert
    True but assuming you are going to have a crash due to stupidity/carelessness the chance of death or serious injury increases exponentially with speed. If he'd hit the concrete at 85 there would have been a greater chance of survival.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

You have to laugh at the lawsuit, the driver had already been done for 112mph. The parents had the limiter fitted to max of 85mph.

It was then removed at the workshop prior to the crash, parents state they didn't know, fair enough, but having a history of speeding didn't bother them, they were quite happy for him to do 85mph !

At the time of the accident he was doing in excess of 116mph, the lawsuit states that if he'd only been doing 85mph he wouldn't have lost control

Tesla should sue the parents for neglect and manslaughter for allowing a known speeder to drive their car

112mph ticket, why the hell was he still driving anyway? Or is that allowed in the USA?

I wonder if the limiter was removed as it was then an option in the software rather than mechanical? And it was never reset at 85mph I bet there was a software update done at the time of service.

I'm Steve.

Article says the car hit a light pole. Is that Chinese for lamp post?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    No, just one that wasn't very heavy

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It does explain in the article that the basis of the suit is that Tesla removed the speed limiter without asking the parent's permission. Presumably the car was registered in their names and not the son's.
    even if the car was doing 85mph...the impact hitting a brick wall is that of 170mph and would have had the same outcome, but I do agree that the speed limiter, should not have been removed. In any event the young man would have been speeding. It was the driver who was at fault. If a speeding driver hits a pedestrian/pedestrians and kills them, he/she is prosecuted for man slaughter...This young guy, as sad as it is..killed himself and his passanger by driving extremely recklessly
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Generally known as a Street Lighting Column here (well they were when I was in the game).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    even if the car was doing 85mph...the impact hitting a brick wall is that of 170mph
    Me no understand?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Generally known as a Street Lighting Column here (well they were when I was in the game).
    I need to get my eyesight checked - I thought you was telling us about when you was ON the game!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast