+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tesla lawsuit

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Was referring to the fact that the cars will break apart as they're designed to do with crumple zones etc
    That will make no difference. It will still be the same result for each car as a single one hitting a wall.

Think of the point of impact as a fixed (immovable) vertical plane, as it theoretically is in both cases.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

This is a rather good illustration of what happens when a fast moving object hits an immovable (almost) one.

F4 Phantom jet into concrete wall at 500 mph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjhxuhTmGk

It just disappears! (in bits )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This is a rather good illustration of what happens when a fast moving object hits an immovable (almost) one.

F4 Phantom jet into concrete wall at 500 mph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjhxuhTmGk

It just disappears! (in bits )
    Exactly my point

It's all to do with the absorption of kinetic energy.

Two cars impacting head on will absorb some each, not exactly the same each as that's almost impossible due to impact point and weight distribution.

However a car hitting a solid concrete wall/block will absorb more of the kinetic energy produced than the concrete will and as a result suffer more damage than reach of the cars above.

Take it to the ridiculous, would you rather crash into a ten ton concrete block or a ten ton marshmallow?

Ok I know one is tastier

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    However a car hitting a solid concrete wall/block will absorb more of the kinetic energy produced than the concrete will and as a result suffer more damage than reach of the cars above
    No.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456