+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome from Powys, WALES

I'm Robin.

Default Welcome from Powys, WALES

Hello,

My name is Robin, I have been into Hi Fi all my life as my father was and he passed the passion on to me.

I moved to Wales 14 months ago and at the moment my system is still in boxes I am hoping however to be 'allowed' a music room in this new (to us) house, there is a 16' x13' bedroom I have my eye on!

I have always been into vinyl, have been down the classic Linn LP12 route but now have no Linn gear. Before moving the turntable I have been using is a Pink Triangle Anniversary rebuilt and modified by the Funk Firm with a Fun FXR arm and Lyra Titan i cartridge. I also have a The Voyd which I have had from new which currently has a Alphason HR100S arm and Koetsu Black K cartridge and also a Rega 78 turntable. I hope to be able to set all three up eventually.

My amplifiers are valve and I have PMC speakers and have other sources such as CD, tape deck etc.,..

I like a wide variety of music from classical to rock/pop.

Best wishes,

Robin

I'm gone.

Hi Robin and welcome to AOS.

That's a lovely part of the country you have moved to.

Your system is still in boxes after 14 months?
    Wow, I've moved a few times and my system is always up and running by Day 2!

The 16x13 foot room sounds good, make a move on it while t'other half is out shopping.

Have you any old photos of your system you could put up in the forum's Gallery section?

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm M.

Hi Robin. Welcome to AOS

I'm Geoff.

Hi Robin. Welcome to AOS.

Yes, you need to get that system up and running. Just make sure that bedroom doesn't have a bouncy floor .

Feel free to join in the chat, there's a lot going on here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Shwmae Robin.
    Croeso cynnes i AOS.
    Alan

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman_al View Post
    Shwmae Robin.
    Croeso cynnes i AOS.
    Alan
    Diolch yn fawr

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hi Robin and welcome to AOS.

That's a lovely part of the country you have moved to.

Your system is still in boxes after 14 months?
    Wow, I've moved a few times and my system is always up and running by Day 2!

The 16x13 foot room sounds good, make a move on it while t'other half is out shopping.

Have you any old photos of your system you could put up in the forum's Gallery section?
    It is, the view is one of the things that sold the house.

The house is a huge renovation project, hence why the system is still in boxes. The good news is I got the go ahead to have my music room yesterday in return for agreeing to find a period correct fire place to go in the room. So now I just need us to finish the shower room and the en-suite for the big bedroom on that landing as all the bits are stored in the bedroom that will be the music room.

I'll probably lay some form of acoustic floorboard system over the existing floor boards before fitting new carpet to strengthen the floor and reduce any bounce.

+ Reply to Thread