+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musical Fidelity Digilog Dac TDA1541

I'm Lawrence.

Default Musical Fidelity Digilog Dac TDA1541

Bought this a while ago after John Sampson recommended it to me. It's one of the first DACs released and was said to be the most musical compared to its contemporaries like the Arcam Black Box etc. It has a couple of switchable coax inputs and a single toslink, and a monitor I never used (presumably just a loop out). It also has a phase invert which I have to admit playing with, with positive results in some cases.

I was going to convert it to NOS but I have to accept I probably won't get round to it for years and might as well pass it on to someone who will use it. If someone is after a TDA1541 dac with beefy power supply, nice output stage and a heavy case either as is or for modding this ticks all the boxes. As long as it's black!

I'm after £150 and would prefer collection from North London but if someone really wants it posting I can do at their risk and cost (its very robust and I have the original box).

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Stereophile liked it a lot at the time

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...g-da-processor

I'm Neil.

Wow not seen one of those in an eternity. I can't recall what it sounds like, but you must use a 75 ohm digital cable or it looses lock and a wierd chattering starts up.

Real blast from the past.
    Regards Neil

I'm Lawrence.

Just had a couple of queries about this, it sold a long time ago but I forgot to update the thread.

SOLD

+ Reply to Thread