+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those Denon Micro Systems

I'm Shane.

Default Those Denon Micro Systems

Any good? Thinking about getting one for the spare room.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm John.

Xmas 2017, saw me buying a pair of Dali Zensor5 from the classifieds of hifi choice being sold by a local guy. When I went to ick them up he had them on the end of a Denon all in one midi system which he used to demo them. I was shocked as to how good this little 30wpc lump of plastic sounded. SQ was at worst the equivalent of say a modern budget Cambridge amp (am 10). So provided you put a reasonable pair of speakers on then end of it (QA 2010/20i, Dali Zensor 1 etc) all should be good.
    Can't remember if it's in the classifieds here or the WAM but there is a network cd/streaming midi unit with QA 2020i and audioquest SC for £250 which seems pretty fair to me.

I'm Steve.

If that's the ad I'm thinking of, it's Onkyo with Q Acoustics speakers, and some other bits. Looks so good I wanted it myself, even though I have nowhere to put it! The ad is in Private Exhibitions page 5, user name studiohertz. £250 delivered, and it looks like it hasn't sold. Them Q Acoustics speakers look cool.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Electronics are unbeatable for price. Not so keen on speakers so would pair with other brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Xmas 2017, saw me buying a pair of Dali Zensor5 from the classifieds of hifi choice being sold by a local guy. When I went to ick them up he had them on the end of a Denon all in one midi system which he used to demo them. I was shocked as to how good this little 30wpc lump of plastic sounded. SQ was at worst the equivalent of say a modern budget Cambridge amp (am 10). So provided you put a reasonable pair of speakers on then end of it (QA 2010/20i, Dali Zensor 1 etc) all should be good.
    Can't remember if it's in the classifieds here or the WAM but there is a network cd/streaming midi unit with QA 2020i and audioquest SC for £250 which seems pretty fair to me.

I'm Neil.

Denon or Onkyo all in ones from say 7 years ago are all pretty good. As said match with a pair of good speakers and these deliever good sound, which is more sins of omission than commission. Want mini separates then the Teac 300 series is very hard to beat.

JVC also once upon a time made nice micro systems as well, but you need to go back to the early 2000s for these. And while I am thinking about it Sony over the years has made some nice micros as well.
    Regards Neil

I'm Shane.

Has anyone heard this model? - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-...64499-pdt.html

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Had earlier model which was excellent.

Go for different speakers though!

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post

I'm Shane.

I have mordaunt Short MS10i that should suffice for a while. Had them for years!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Simon.

I had a couple of Denons; pretty good sound quality (a bit too soft and warm for me) but both mine went wrong fairly quickly (bought new, failed at around 18 months or so).

I now use a TEAC CR H 101, paired with Dali Zensor Micro. SQ from the TEAC is significantly better than the Denon IMO, plus it's quite a flexible bit of kit. The overall sound quality with the Dalis is sensational, especially so given the low price. I could easily live with it as my only system, if such circumstances arose.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    I had a couple of Denons; pretty good sound quality (a bit too soft and warm for me) but both mine went wrong fairly quickly (bought new, failed at around 18 months or so).

I now use a TEAC CR H 101, paired with Dali Zensor Micro. SQ from the TEAC is significantly better than the Denon IMO, plus it's quite a flexible bit of kit. The overall sound quality with the Dalis is sensational, especially so given the low price. I could easily live with it as my only system, if such circumstances arose.
    Do you mean Dali Pico? I'm guessing they are even smaller then the Zensor 1!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast