+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Those Denon Micro Systems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Denon are a good company and their mini units get good reviews. They paired up with Mission making the speakers at one point

I prefer bigger sized separates though. I was dabbling with the Teac range of mini systems and you have to go 300 or 500 series. The older 100 series looked cute but was not really hi fi with a chip amp. Also when the cd player fails they seem harder to service with planned obsolescence based on my limited experience. I would rather stack up some Nad amps and other equipment even if it doesnt look as pretty

The new prices they charged for the original 100 series components were quite shocking really and more a lifestyle system where sound quality is not a priority. I was picking it up at rock bottom, used prices on ebay. Some people still want £650 for the 300 series stack. I think calling it reference is very cheeky marketing though. Those of you with good systems wouldnt call that reference by any stretch of the imagination.

Then again a small Denon unit for a spare room.... plug and go....you could do far worse
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 13-01-2019 at 18:10.

+ Reply to Thread