+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Those Denon Micro Systems

I'm Shane.

Default Those Denon Micro Systems

Any good? Thinking about getting one for the spare room.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm John.

Xmas 2017, saw me buying a pair of Dali Zensor5 from the classifieds of hifi choice being sold by a local guy. When I went to ick them up he had them on the end of a Denon all in one midi system which he used to demo them. I was shocked as to how good this little 30wpc lump of plastic sounded. SQ was at worst the equivalent of say a modern budget Cambridge amp (am 10). So provided you put a reasonable pair of speakers on then end of it (QA 2010/20i, Dali Zensor 1 etc) all should be good.
    Can't remember if it's in the classifieds here or the WAM but there is a network cd/streaming midi unit with QA 2020i and audioquest SC for 250 which seems pretty fair to me.

I'm Steve.

If that's the ad I'm thinking of, it's Onkyo with Q Acoustics speakers, and some other bits. Looks so good I wanted it myself, even though I have nowhere to put it! The ad is in Private Exhibitions page 5, user name studiohertz. 250 delivered, and it looks like it hasn't sold. Them Q Acoustics speakers look cool.
    Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side... FZ

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Geoff.

Electronics are unbeatable for price. Not so keen on speakers so would pair with other brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Xmas 2017, saw me buying a pair of Dali Zensor5 from the classifieds of hifi choice being sold by a local guy. When I went to ick them up he had them on the end of a Denon all in one midi system which he used to demo them. I was shocked as to how good this little 30wpc lump of plastic sounded. SQ was at worst the equivalent of say a modern budget Cambridge amp (am 10). So provided you put a reasonable pair of speakers on then end of it (QA 2010/20i, Dali Zensor 1 etc) all should be good.
    Can't remember if it's in the classifieds here or the WAM but there is a network cd/streaming midi unit with QA 2020i and audioquest SC for 250 which seems pretty fair to me.

I'm Neil.

Denon or Onkyo all in ones from say 7 years ago are all pretty good. As said match with a pair of good speakers and these deliever good sound, which is more sins of omission than commission. Want mini separates then the Teac 300 series is very hard to beat.

JVC also once upon a time made nice micro systems as well, but you need to go back to the early 2000s for these. And while I am thinking about it Sony over the years has made some nice micros as well.
    Regards Neil

System 1 (Living Room) : Vinyl: AMG Giro Turntable, AMG Giro Reference PSU, AMG 9W2 Tonearm, AMG Reference Armcable, Air Tight PC3 MC Cartridge PhonoStage: Passlabs Xono Digital: Esoteric P5 SACD Transport and Esoteric P 5 DAC, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Computer Audio: Veracity Audio Mystra DAC + HP laptop + iFi Audio i Power, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug Tuner:Kenwood KT 7020 Cassette Tape: Nakamichi CR5e Amplification: Pre-Amplifier Meridian G02 Power-Amplifier Meridian G56 Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 Audio Cabling: Signal - Atlas Mavros, Audience AU24 Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant Distribution Blocks, Mark Grant DC Blocker Equipment Tables: Target Audio B series + Track Audio Isolation Spikes Isolation/ Platforms: Bright Star Audio Isonodes, BASE 01, SSC Platforms.

System 2 (Music Room) : Vinyl: Turntable 1 Loricraft Garrard 401 Turntable + SME 5 Tonearm, Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable + VDH MC10 cartridge Turntable 2 Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 Tonearm + VDH Frog Gold Cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU Turntable 3 SME Model 20 Turntable + Graham Phantom Tonearm + Graham IC70 Tonearm Cable, Ortofon MC5200 Cartridge PhonoStage: Balanced Audio Technology VK10se Digital: Moon Andromeda CD Player, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio Player Computer Audio: AMR DP777 DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi Audio i Power + JKenny JKSPIDIF + Wireworld Starlight USB Tuners: Kenwood 8300 Tuner, Revox B760 Tuner, Leak Troughline Tuner + EAR Stereo Decoder, Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth FM Amplifier ReelToReel Tape: Revox B77 mk 2, Revox A77 mk3, Sony TC-377 Cassette Tape: Nakamichi DR10 Headphone: Audio Valve RKV2 OTL Valve Headphone Amp, Headphones Grado GS 1000, Sennheiser 560 Ovation2, Sennheiser 410SL Pre-Amplifier: Balanced Audio Technology VK52se Power-Amplifier: Music Reference RM200 mk1 Speakers: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Audio Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Kimber KCAG, Audio Note ANVs, Barry Hunt Cables Speaker - XLO Type 6. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains Distribution: Mark Grant and Russ Andrews Equipment Tables: Clear Light Audio Aspekt Tacks Isolation/Platform: SSC, Bright Star Audio Isonodes, Naim Frame Record Cleaner: Hanns Audio

I'm Shane.

Has anyone heard this model? - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-...64499-pdt.html

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Had earlier model which was excellent.

Go for different speakers though!

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post

I'm Shane.

I have mordaunt Short MS10i that should suffice for a while. Had them for years!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Simon.

I had a couple of Denons; pretty good sound quality (a bit too soft and warm for me) but both mine went wrong fairly quickly (bought new, failed at around 18 months or so).

I now use a TEAC CR H 101, paired with Dali Zensor Micro. SQ from the TEAC is significantly better than the Denon IMO, plus it's quite a flexible bit of kit. The overall sound quality with the Dalis is sensational, especially so given the low price. I could easily live with it as my only system, if such circumstances arose.
    Marantz SA141 SE + Bluesound Vault > AVM A30 > Scansonic MB-1 speakers.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    I had a couple of Denons; pretty good sound quality (a bit too soft and warm for me) but both mine went wrong fairly quickly (bought new, failed at around 18 months or so).

I now use a TEAC CR H 101, paired with Dali Zensor Micro. SQ from the TEAC is significantly better than the Denon IMO, plus it's quite a flexible bit of kit. The overall sound quality with the Dalis is sensational, especially so given the low price. I could easily live with it as my only system, if such circumstances arose.
    Do you mean Dali Pico? I'm guessing they are even smaller then the Zensor 1!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast