+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DJ deck from Technics

I'm Adam.

Default New DJ deck from Technics

Yes, really! https://www.technics.com/us/news/20190107-sl-1200mk7/

And a new, hi-fi oriented design: https://www.technics.com/us/news/20190107-sl-1500c/

I wonder if an armless SL-150 will follow?
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Yes, really! https://www.technics.com/us/news/20190107-sl-1200mk7/

And a new, hi-fi oriented design: https://www.technics.com/us/news/20190107-sl-1500c/

I wonder if an armless SL-150 will follow?
    Did not see that coming.
    Regards Neil

I'm Patrick.

The SL1500c comes with an inbuilt phonostage which doesn't particulary appeal but I would I imagine you would have the option of turning it off?

I'm Patrick.

What hifi are saying the 1210 mk7 it has been priced at £899, so still worthwhile going for a decent second hand version.

I'm Jostein.

My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Jostein.

At CES 2019 Technics Introduces Elegant SL-1500C Coreless Direct Drive Turntable | Analog Planet

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...rive-turntable
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Five years ago, if someone had told me that Technics would introduce all these decks with different options, I would have laughed and said no way, amazing really.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Five years ago, if someone had told me that Technics would introduce all these decks with different options, I would have laughed and said no way, amazing really.
    They'll be bringing out a 'fit and forget' programmable linear tracker next - a new SL6 or SL10, Bet any money.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They'll be bringing out a 'fit and forget' programmable linear tracker next - a new SL6 or SL10, Bet any money.
    My jaw would drop if they did.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Graham.

I think this is fantastic news! As long as quality decks are still being produced, us audiophiles will not die out. The hipsters of today who want to relive their younger days will be digging out their pristine vinyl (at least those not wrecked on a Crossley....) and seeking out and modifying these decks when they (decks and owners!) become vintage in the decades to come.

Also, it is great to see Technics move back into the consumer market with the 1500 (being pedantic its actually a 1400!). I am currently working on an SL-150 (the armless SL-1500) and love the look of the old decks.

However, the new 1500 is gorgeous. It perfectly captures the essence of these old decks having styling cues from the original SL-1300/1400/1500, the lovely strobeless platter of the 1500-Mk2 and of course the 1200 start and speed buttons. If its built in the usual Technics way, it should outlast most of us! Nice to see that the arm is adjustable for VTA, a serious omission on some earlier Technics decks.

Yes, we can but hope for a new 150. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast