+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else had this ?

I'm Dave.

Default Anybody else had this ?

Seems like I'm always going down with something different.

Last Tuesday through to Friday I had a bad sore throat, bit of a cough, shivering with cold but had a temperature for a couple of days. The worst thing, though, was the total wiped out feeling where all I could do was sleep in my armchair. Didn't eat and didn't even get on the computer - I just didn't have the energy. I'm feeling better now but still wiped out.

Anybody else had/have similar ?

I'm Phil.

glad you are feeling better dave , not had it yet but no doubt it will be along !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Dave.

Thank you.

I was wondering if it's a thing or something wrong with me. I don't mind so much if it's a thing and I'm going to get over it.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post

Last Tuesday through to Friday I had a bad sore throat, bit of a cough, shivering with cold but had a temperature for a couple of days. The worst thing, though, was the total wiped out feeling where all I could do was sleep in my armchair. Didn't eat and didn't even get on the computer - I just didn't have the energy. I'm feeling better now but still wiped out.

Sounds like you've had some kind of flu, (not a cold), but I'm no doctor.

A genuine flu will wipe you out, - aches, shivery, no energy and as you've decribed, just wiped out.

Makes me laugh the amount of times someone has a cold and says I've got flu

Flu is a real 'wacker' hence the danger to the very young and the old
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Sound like a very bad dose of flu. Glad to hear you are recovering - it sounded nasty!

Did you have a flu jab? I get one every year and trust the docs have got their flu strain predictions right. No sign of anything so far, but I have been out of the country for the last month.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

if it doesnt clear a bit in a week see a quack. he will probably give you some leeches just pop a couple in your codpiece 3 times a day
    No there are a lot of bugs about, and with you meeting lots of folk its easy to pick them up. I stay away from folk for 6 months
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post

Yep, just getting over the same thing. Been ill for two weeks, and knocked off my feet for a week of it, not eating or sleeping. I had a 7 day course of antibiotics that got rid of the worst. It was bloody horrible. Glad to hear you are better, worth a trip to the Dr's if you don't feel fully recovered soon though.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Steve.

As Grant says, it will probably come from the large number of people you come into contact with, and especially if you shake hands with them. Safer to be a miserable bugger and keep sway from folks - I haven't had a cold or anything for years! Regular use of those 'hand sanitisers' would help with prevention, but of course won't help when you've already caught it.

I'm told that as we get older we get colds etc. less and less compared to children/young people as we build up immunities through life, but I wonder if we also become a bit less able to bounce back when we do get something. I was also told that if you have a cold, and you see a tenner fly out of an open window, you will go and retrieve it, but with flu you would let it go. Not a very scientific diagnosis I know, and the amount may need to be adjusted to allow for inflation.

It goes without saying that antibiotics will do nothing for the virus itself, although any infections that may arise as a result may be treated this way. I'd be inclined to make an appointment with your doc now, and if it clears up by the time your appointment comes round (in three weeks time!) you can always ring and cancel.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

I like the new avatar Steve. Were you younger when that was taken?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

Since being very ill and requiring an emergency appendix operation April last year, I seem to catch anything that's going!
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast