+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what is a grounding box

I'm Geoff.

I'm sure you could have avoided the patronising tone had you tried.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

What would be good is if a dealer of such a grounding box would lend a demo unit which could do the rounds of AoS members. Then a debate on real world usage could be had. And the dealer may even get more sales. So a win win.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Jerry.

I'm very seriously thinking of buying a grounding box.

Have been in contact with Andrew at Signal Ground Solutions regarding one of his.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by earsopen View Post
    This is a cheap shot from a dealer -

"Exactly. If you believe these boxes improve the sound, then make your own for a couple of quid.

I can't fathom how they can charge hundreds for these boxes. The other ones are the grounding leads - a phono plug, bit of wire and a mains plug for hundreds of pounds."

The same could be said of any cable you sell, or any speaker. Just cobble some up with old bits from the shed, bell wire and old car speaker drive units, and wood from an old wardrobe.
    The comments add nothing to the debate, especially if you have not tried a decent grounding box.

It still astounds me that so many people will not try something which other people have used and reported positively about, because they know it will not work.
    With such closed minds, do not try a round the world cruise because as you know the world is flat and you could fall off the edge.

To answer a question above, when a friend first installed a grounding box it was then tried in two other systems - now we all have them.
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Bernard.

Default So what is a grounding box

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    What would be good is if a dealer of such a grounding box would lend a demo unit which could do the rounds of AoS members. Then a debate on real world usage could be had. And the dealer may even get more sales. So a win win.

§
    Maybe you could contact one yourself! Tony at Coherent is a nice guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Berni217; 18-01-2019 at 08:11.
    Turntable: Sony TTS-8000 ;Tonearm: Phonomac AT-1010 Mk6; Cartridges: SPU GTE / VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace; Phono Stage: Shindo; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: Shindo WE 300B Limited; Speakers: Shindo Lafite / Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by earsopen View Post
    This is a cheap shot from a dealer -

"Exactly. If you believe these boxes improve the sound, then make your own for a couple of quid.

I can't fathom how they can charge hundreds for these boxes. The other ones are the grounding leads - a phono plug, bit of wire and a mains plug for hundreds of pounds."

The same could be said of any cable you sell, or any speaker. Just cobble some up with old bits from the shed, bell wire and old car speaker drive units, and wood from an old wardrobe.
    The comments add nothing to the debate, especially if you have not tried a decent grounding box.

It still astounds me that so many people will not try something which other people have used and reported positively about, because they know it will not work.
    With such closed minds, do not try a round the world cruise because as you know the world is flat and you could fall off the edge.

To answer a question above, when a friend first installed a grounding box it was then tried in two other systems - now we all have them.
    I guess that is aimed at me. If so, I can confirm that I have tried a couple of grounding boxes and a grounding lead, both courtesy of a customer considering purchase.

I stand by my query at the prices when all that is necessary is some wire or copper strip, a mains plug, phono plug and a terminal or two. Maybe they work for some people, it's the price I find difficult to swallow.

Similarly with exotic cables. I know how little some of these cost and the manufacturer's/distributor's markup is often bordering on the obscene.

I won't bother to comment on your home made speaker idea.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by joolz View Post
    Hi Mike,
    i've seen some of your previous posts on the grounding box, have you tried it on any other system or at a bake-off, if so did it make the same differences or are the differences not immediately obvious ?
    kind regards,
    Julian
    Hi Julian
    Have offered to demo and for a bake off against an SGS
    No takers so far.
    My recent test was with the boss in place next to me.
    3 cables disconnected from the RTZ grounder
    Test
    Back again
    Test
    She had no idea what was going on

"The second one was better"
    Confirming what I heard

Differences are immediately obvious
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Alan.

I would love to hear a demo but Surrey is a bit of a long way

I'm bob.

Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned that they had a Russ Andrews Power Purifier. That is not a grounding box, but a filter.

As far as I know, RA does not have a grounding box as such, but has a system for grounding using his 'RF Router'. If all casework is linked using grounding cables, then to the RF Router, it can then be linked to an external ground spike and comply with current electrical regulations.

I'm Simon.

He doesn't have a pointless box full of beach scraping and roof repair cut offs but he does sell many bits of grounding gear based on good science.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast