+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Audioromy M-10L Vacuum Tube Preamp MM input

I'm Paul.

Default FS: Audioromy M-10L Vacuum Tube Preamp MM input

I asked about this preamp on here a couple of weeks ago and got no feedback but I believe that was only because it's such a new product.

I took a risk and bought it and unfortunately for me it just doesn't fit well with my sensitive speakers and just the fact I have got so used to a passive preamp presentation.

It has 3 line inputs and the MM stage too (I have no idea how this performs) It has 2 selectable outputs, RCA and balanced XLR.

It's in as new condition and full working order with Russian tubes replacing the cheap chinese stock ones included (which will also be supplied to the buyer if they wish to compare)

If anyones interested I'd be more than happy for you to audition with any equipment you wish to bring. I'll even make you a tea/coffee/beer while you mull over the virtues of it.

I'm in in South Darenth nr Dartford in Kent (DA4 9LQ) I could even deliver within 30 miles of this postcode to avoid damage in the post which I would stongly prefer not to do (it weighs 11kg so would not be cheap to post)

Just want what I paid for it £375 including new and old tubes.

M10L Back.jpgM10L Inside.jpg20190103_203611[1].jpg20190103_203627[1].jpg20190103_203841[1].jpgM10L Back.jpgM10L Inside.jpg20190103_203611[1].jpg20190103_203627[1].jpg20190103_203841[1].jpg
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Neil.

Hardly run in, though sensitivity isn't effected by that, but presentation is. Maybe try it for longer and the sensitivity can be adjusted with Rothwell devices if the improvements satisfys you. If not flog it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Paul.

I know what you are saying Neil, I've had it on and playing for 40/50 hours so far and although friends and family think it sounds amazing it just doesn't suit my taste. I thought I'd be the other way round with passive and active pre's but this really has confirmed I'm a passive pre man and I doubt I'll ever go back after this one.
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Amptastic Mini-1

I'm Phil.

so how would you describe its presentation ? is it warmer than you like with the passive transparency ?
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Paul.

Yeah its warmer but not woolly in the slightest or rolled off in the top end in any way. I cant put my finger on it but just allows the vocals to take centre stage and Im not used to it and its not my preference. Im pretty sure many would say its a upgrade but its just not for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Amptastic Mini-1

I'm Phil.

It looks nicely made, might be worth a link to the website so folks can find out more. How did you come to find out about it?
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    I know what you are saying Neil, I've had it on and playing for 40/50 hours so far and although friends and family think it sounds amazing it just doesn't suit my taste. I thought I'd be the other way round with passive and active pre's but this really has confirmed I'm a passive pre man and I doubt I'll ever go back after this one.
    Give it another 50 hours and make your decision then. Some kit needs up to 100 hours. I have had that issue in the past and had to reconsider an opinion after 100 hours.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

had an audioromy amp once. sounded very good i have to say.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Now sold......

Having a khozmo'd bte designs preamp made up. I hope it sounds as good as the DCB1 boys make out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Amptastic Mini-1

+ Reply to Thread