+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grim statistics on retirement age and life expectancy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Alan.

talk about stating the obvious..sheesh...why has the age for retirement increased...The powers that be are not daft...they know fine well that being forced to work well into your 60's is going to have a huge negative impact on the human body, result, it'll kill you. Now they don't have to take care of you..simple.

I'm just doing what they are doing...stating the bloody obvious...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, LEB has increased and continues to do so. We now die slowly from chronic expensive to manage health problems. Furthermore, past investments in retirement have been too low for most people to retire comfortably.

Don't get me started on these statistics. The conclusions, such as are implied not stated are wrong and for many reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    talk about stating the obvious..sheesh...why has the age for retirement increased...The powers that be are not daft...they know fine well that being forced to work well into your 60's is going to have a huge negative impact on the human body, result, it'll kill you. Now they don't have to take care of you..simple.

I'm just doing what they are doing...stating the bloody obvious...

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, LEB has increased and continues to do so. We now die slowly from chronic expensive to manage health problems. Furthermore, past investments in retirement have been too low for most people to retire comfortably.
    LEB =?? Life Expectancy ***?? What does the B stand for, or have I got this completely wrong?
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

Yes. At birth. Each year, statistically, we have a probability of living at least one more year. If you look at a LIFE TABLE which plots these probabilities it is amazing how high the probability of surviving another year, even in your 80s!

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    LEB =?? Life Expectancy ***?? What does the B stand for, or have I got this completely wrong?

I'm Geoff.

If you look at a LIFE TABLE which plots these probabilities it is amazing how high the probability of surviving another year, even in your 80s!
    Or keeling over within the next ten minutes.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Or keeling over within the next ten minutes.
    As I said. The complete reverse. If you get to 84 you will probably get to 85

I'm Dave.

As I said. The complete reverse. If you get to 84 you will probably get to 85
    There's the old joke

"Who wants to live to be 95?"

"A 94 year old".

I think Segovia wrote a short passage in his latter years, asking God to forgive him for all the mistakes he made while playing, and to let him have just one more year (at least?) to perfect his technique.
    Dave

I'm James.

Don't get me started on these statistics. The conclusions, such as are implied not stated are wrong and for many reasons!
    Just depends on which statistics your use/read and how these statistics are calculated/implemented.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Just depends on which statistics your use/read and how these statistics are calculated/implemented.
    No. There is statistical method to establish causality and for dealing with "confounding variables"!

I'm inactive.

The usual clickbait for 'early retirement' pension schemes. Assumed causality does not a fact make

If you believe this kind of BS you probably will die early -- from the induced neurotic stress.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast