+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bakeoff at Bigman80's

I'm Martin.

Still confident that when the SLP1200 arrives it will beat the pie thingamajig.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Volumio is pretty idiot proof now as is moode. They were a bit trickier before. You should have no probs
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Still confident that when the SLP1200 arrives it will beat the pie thingamajig.
    I don't know mate. The Pi may well be beefed up with a Linear PSU and maybe even some heavy DAC artillery.

Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Volumio is pretty idiot proof now as is moode. They were a bit trickier before. You should have no probs
    Fingers crossed. I went for the pi 3+. Built in WiFi etc.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'll be setting one up from scratch soon so I might do a total beginner guide!
    Yup , that would be good mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Yup , that would be good mate
    Who better to do it than a total beginner lol.

Ok, I'll do it!

I'm Brian.

The Pi has always interested me Oli , however , I'm a total computer numpty I'm actually quite surprised that you're raving about it considering the quality of your vinyl system and the fact that you have always seemed to be a ' dyed in the wool ' vinyl man . It must be good
    Regards
    Brian

DAC 3 French DAC

I'm Grant.

The Pi has always interested me Oli , however , I'm a total computer numpty I'm actually quite surprised that you're raving about it considering the quality of your vinyl system and the fact that you have always seemed to be a ' dyed in the wool ' vinyl man . It must be good
    Not really heard mine Brian. Mind u it's better now than it was. Got another change Coming too. Soon
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

You're on my mind for a visit mate . Things keep getting in the way unfortunately
    Regards
    Brian

DAC 3 French DAC

I'm Oliver.

Ah, well, lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Raving about the Pi because it deserves it is the right thing to do, but you'll notice i haven't made any any comparison to the Vinyl side.

The Vinyl still outperforms this by a length. A good length that couldn't be beaten for less than 5 grands worth of digital. I am totally convinced of that.

The Pi i will put together costs less than 100 quid as some of it is used but its beaten a 1300 quid CD player and pretty much anything else i've heard here on the digital side. Id love to put a top version of this up against a top DaC and see what happens but make no mistake, vinyl is still king!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast