+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone

I'm Stuart.

Default Hello Everyone

I should have done this intro a long time ago so I apologise for that

Hi I’m Stuart from Bellahouston in Glasgow
    I’ve been into Hifi since my mid-teens (just turned 49) when I bought my first setup ,a systemdek IIX,musical fidelity A1 and some Rodgers speakers , I thought if I bought all that years What Hifi awards best buys it would all sound great together , 1st Mistake !!! , speakers and amp were a terrible match !!! Back then there were a good few hifi shops in Glasgow and after my first speaker disaster was payed off I took the advice from the guys in the shops and replaced them for some tannoys which sounded so much better, that’s where this long journey began for me and I’ve been messing about with different setups ever since
    I never really got into the CD thing and just stuck to buying vinyl over the years, local shops and record fairs being my usual haunts . My musical taste varies widely like most of us . Indie / Mod/ psychedelia / rock/ punk / blues and soul etc ,with Jazz and classical coming much later

My current Hifi has not changed much in the last 5 years but I’m planning on setting up a vintage system in a different room so your advice will be much appreciated on that ...big Tannoys, Garrard, Thorns, Radford kind of thing and the last few years I’ve also been messing about with Open Reel Recorders

This is the current system
    Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace with the Wave Mechanic psu
    Jelco 750L 12” tonearm with Ortofon Jubilee MC
    Zests Audio Andros ps1 phonostage
    SJS Arcadia Pre which started life as the Model 1 but Simon S has done a lot of work on it to get it sounding the way it does
    Glasshouse 300b PSE power amp which again Simon has done wonders with it imho
    Speakers are Opera Consonace M12 horns
    Interconnects are all by Brian2957 with Tellurium Black speaker cables
    Revox Pr99 and Revox b77hs
    Sony APR5003v
    Teac RT909
    DSpeaker antimode 2 dualcore

Looking forward to joining in and helping out wherever possible and maybe attending a few of the bake offs

My other interests are playing Guitar ,vintage VWs ( Slammed56 ) and finishing off the old house we bought 6 years ago !!! ( I’m like most Joiners I know, working on my own house is bottom of the pile)

I'm Grant.

Welcome Stuart. I hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Good morning and welcome Stuart,

Know what you mean about Joiners, took you long enough to join here!

Huge interest in vintage gear here, and plenty of knowledge, as you'll find.

Ste
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum. Looks like a pretty serious system has evolved there over the years from what you started with. Good to start out with a mash-up that doesn't work, you appreciate the improvements more I think.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Stuart.

Thanks Guys. Much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread