+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Maidstone

I'm julian.

Default Hello from Maidstone

I joined a while ago, when i was interested in buying or building some open baffle speakers, but it's taken me until now to do my 'newbie' post.
    Having recently being made redundant (all good), deciding i don't wan't to work for anyone else anymore (at least not on a regular basis), and just having my knee joint replaced - means i have more time on my hands / an excuse to sit by the computer.

I've had good kit for 30 years - well i though it was good at the time ! Starting with an LP12, 32.5, hi-cap, Kans in my 20's, but have been playing with valves for most of the last 15 years, although i still have most of my record collection i haven't spun one for probably that length of time.

My interest is 2 channel based, all sorts of music, and for me it's all about the midrange sound and the emotion. Looking into 4 way active speakers, isolation and balanced mains at present.

anyway, got the monkey off my back, and look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Best wishes,
    Julian

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Julian. Welcome to AOS.

If you have a speaker project on the go, we'd like to hear about it.

There's a lot going on here, so feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Julian, welcome to the forum. Active four way speakers sounds like a good plan, be interested to see how that works out for you.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Julian.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread