+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Geoff.

Yes and for both products through AV

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    No I haven't.

Do they do a free trial?
    You need a decent PC and plenty of ram to get to DSD128 but the SQ is sublime. Will give your analogue some competition

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes and for both products through AV
    I'll have a look. I have very little knowledge in this area so I'll have to read up a bit.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gregje View Post
    I'm running Volumio on my Rpi 2B+ with HiFiBerry Pro+. It is powered from a simple linear power supply (I hear a diff when compared to the original Pi's smps). I use it mainly as an internet radio.
    It sounds sweet. But soundwise I do prefer my CD player (Musical Fidelity E601). I have to admit that radio streams are not as good as Cds. I play sometimes some hi def stuff from a NAS. This sounds pretty damn good! I should probably rip some cds and store them on the server AND THEN compare the cd player vs Pi.

Another Pi with a DIYINHK ESS9023 usb dac is running KODI. Also very enjoyable. But it is connected to dumb TV (I've seen here I am not the only one who tries to marginalize TVs in their lives!) and does not get much use. Though an opera from youtube can be very nice!

I plan to separate digital and audio power supply in the first Pi. A buddy from my office reported great results with separate DIYINHK power supplies (somewhat pricey for in this setup).
    Just had a look at DIYINHK no idea what the F#ck any of that stuff is, how it would work etc.

I'm way off experimenting with his thing

I'm Ian.

I used a Pi and DigiOne with an MCRU Linear power supply at Kegworth last year and it worked brilliantly with Volumio. I've tried a couple of the DAC hats and they didn't sound as good as my DACs. Having said that, it is a market I will be keeping an eye on as they are definitely getting better.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ijrussell View Post
    I used a Pi and DigiOne with an MCRU Linear power supply at Kegworth last year and it worked brilliantly with Volumio. I've tried a couple of the DAC hats and they didn't sound as good as my DACs. Having said that, it is a market I will be keeping an eye on as they are definitely getting better.
    I'm liking Volumio. No glitches, very easy to navigate too.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I'm liking Volumio. No glitches, very easy to navigate too.
    When you use Audivarna, it presents your Volumio RPi device as an output option. Simples!

Bigman80 Guest

When you use Audivarna, it presents your Volumio RPi device as an output option. Simples!
    Ok. Does that require the use of a NAS? Or could i continue to use a member stick in the pi?

I'm Grant.

you can still use a memory stick in the rpi, or also in pc. you need a pc to run audirvana, which is a library and player for your music with integration of qobuz and tidal. windows or mac versions available. ive got music on a hdd on one of my pi's and on a stick on one of my laptops. i can either play from pi or from audirvana to pi or to my oppo too. it picks up any devices available on ur network.
    it certainly ups the game for the pi
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Both.

Should add that Audivarna perfectly integrated with Tidal so you have access on the RPi to all those MQ files!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman8 0 View Post
    Ok. Does that require the use of a NAS? Or could i continue to use a member stick in the pi?

Bigman80 Guest

Both.

Should add that Audivarna perfectly integrated with Tidal so you have access on the RPi to all those MQ files!
    Ok, I'm interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast