+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Bill.

I set up a NAS yesterday by plugging a 500GB hard drive into my PC and sharing on my home network, Volumio set up was easy once I worked out how to write the file path in the correct format.

This definitely sounds different to a USB memory stick plugged straight into the Pi and will need further listening to see if I prefer it.
    There is more detail and I am hearing things not heard before, but there appears to be less 'body' to the sound.

Will see how it goes
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I set up a NAS yesterday by plugging a 500GB hard drive into my PC and sharing on my home network, Volumio set up was easy once I worked out how to write the file path in the correct format.

This definitely sounds different to a USB memory stick plugged straight into the Pi and will need further listening to see if I prefer it.
    There is more detail and I am hearing things not heard before, but there appears to be less 'body' to the sound.

Will see how it goes
    Yes, it's definitely different. I didn't manage to set it up that way. Couldn't figure out the file path.

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any particular settings in PCP to upsample?
    http://archimago.blogspot.com/2017/1...al_23.html?m=1

I'm Neal.

Just tried picoreplayer again and this time got it going.

Where I went wrong was I didn't change the audio output device setting in the squeezelite settings page to Allo Boss
    Nice one, now you have it running you can start playing with the squeezelite filter settings!
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Neal.

Does anyone know if there are any particular settings in PCP to upsample?
    Yes, you can set all sorts of things....

I'm Neal.

I based my settings on the Archimago 'goldilocks' settings, you can read more here: http://archimago.blogspot.com/2018/0...l-filters.html

These work well especially if the material you listen too is recorded 'hot' IE clipping is present

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Yes, you can set all sorts of things....

Just tried these settings and yes this does improve the SQ further.

I've also had a little play with the DSP filter options and they also change the sound signature as well. Not sure which I prefer...

Is there a way to get PCP to play the Tidal MQA's?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Tony.

Just had a good read of Archimago's blog and he has some very worthwhile stuff there.

So far I've switched off the Wifi and HDMI, adjusted sampling rates and under clocked the rpi.

All this has to my ears improved the SQ making it sweeter and yet more dynamic and detailed.

I've very much enjoyed playing with this kit and will be getting a digione to try next
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Richard.

My Allo Isolator has arrived. This Linear power supply is on its way:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIFI-25W-...72.m2749.l2649

I need a good quality lead from the LPS to the USB-C socket on the isolator. Has anyone got any recommendations please...and should I add a choke too?

Thanks,

Bonky

I'm Pavel.

My Pi + Boss combo finally arrived today. I was surprised that Volumio required next to no setup to get started.

It sounds... a bit underwhelming, to be honest, but I'm powering it with the standard wall wart at the moment. At some point I will assemble a high-current regulated PSU (Sigma11) and hopefully it should improve things a bit.

+ Reply to Thread