+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ah, things moved on again after that to using files from a local NAS. I no longer recommend using the USB port.
    LOL, ok I'm still only on page 27!
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by beermaniac View Post
    Sorry for being such a numpty but i am still trying to get a grip of this computer audio! Ok i have it working without the isolator fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ok chaps, any tips on fitting the isolator as i spent hours trying to get the Pi working yesterday with it fitted !! It sounds pretty good without it mind you ...

I'm Tony.

Ok chaps, any tips on fitting the isolator as i spent hours trying to get the Pi working yesterday with it fitted !! It sounds pretty good without it mind you ...

Not sure how helpful this will be but I gave up on picoreplayer and just installed max2play and during set up it asked me what set up I was using. I checked boss dac and away it went working 1st time.

I never figured it out but there must be a setting for the boss in picoreplayer?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Not sure how helpful this will be but I gave up on picoreplayer and just installed max2play and during set up it asked me what set up I was using. I checked boss dac and away it went working 1st time.

I never figured it out but there must be a setting for the boss in picoreplayer?
    Not sure i would know how to do that lol

Ok I’m going to try and set up the isolator again !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

Not sure i would know how to do that lol

Ok I’m going to try and set up the isolator again !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The same way that picoreplayer is done.

Download the max2play img from their website and burn it to a SD using win32disc and then put the SD in the rpi.

Search for the ip address of the rpi using adavanced ip scanner.

Type the IP addy into a PC browser and up comes max2play page ready to take you through the process.

Simples

I'm Grant.

m2p looks good to use. pretty much a squeezelite system
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

The same way that picoreplayer is done.

Download the max2play img from their website and burn it to a SD using win32disc and then put the SD in the rpi.

Search for the ip address of the rpi using adavanced ip scanner.

Type the IP addy into a PC browser and up comes max2play page ready to take you through the process.

Simples
    Ok may try that but just had a thought. Could it be they way i have the combined unit powered. Without the isolator i powered the RP and Boss with separate supplies. But ive just realised the Isolator has a USB C power supply - so I am guessing i should be powering up the RP via the Isolator?? I cant check as i only have one USB C power cable !!

Anyone have any thoughts - does that make sense?

I'm Tony.

I went through all that when I couldn't get picoreplayer to output. I suspect pcp has an output setting for the Boss that I didn't find.

Anyway, I would just set up the rpi-isolator-Boss with all jumpers in place and then log into pcp and look for the boss dac setting. It must be in the player settings somewhere.

Power up by inputting power to rpi and Boss DAC with nothing connected to the isolater

I'm Dave.

I went through all that when I couldn't get picoreplayer to output. I suspect pcp has an output setting for the Boss that I didn't find.

Anyway, I would just set up the rpi-isolator-Boss with all jumpers in place and then log into pcp and look for the boss dac setting. It must be in the player settings somewhere.

Power up by inputting power to rpi and Boss DAC with nothing connected to the isolater
    Its working !! Many thanks all

Is there much of a burn in with RP Allo set up ?.

I'm Grant.

there will be, yes... everything should improve.. maybe as much as 100 hrs, but certainly 20. well done
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast