+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Usb flash drive storing the files into a usb port on the Pi then using Volumio via laptop or Android to control the Pi.
    Got it - Thanks!

Laptop is doable here...Android is a no-go for now, but we might have one in the house soon. (Edit: looks like Volumio will run on my Blackberry Passport).

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Got it - Thanks!

Laptop is doable here...Android is a no-go for now, but we might have one in the house soon.
    iOS too I think

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi Jim,

Yes, Mike and i made a bit of a deal for the DAC for a bit of cable for his Mission arm. Suits us both with minimal cost!

I am immensely impressed with the Allo DAC and Mike suggests his Piano DAC is better so i may try that before i send the rest back lol. Might have to make another deal

In terms of upgrades, i have a PSU on the way with 2x5v outputs so i can use a powered USB hub with the music files on so i should be fine for some time. Maybe when i a up to speed with all the setup etc, i will have a look at whats comes next.
    Which PSU did you go for?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Which PSU did you go for?
    This one.

It won't quite provide the 3A as advertised apparently, but will be 2.5 - 2.7 according to calculations. I did ask Alan for his opinion and that was it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142731699776

I'm Geoff.

Volumio is controlled in any browser by typing in its local IP address!

Got it - Thanks!

Laptop is doable here...Android is a no-go for now, but we might have one in the house soon. (Edit: looks like Volumio will run on my Blackberry Passport).
    Last edited by Sherwood; 07-01-2019 at 21:01.

I'm stuart.

For a music server I have an RPi with PiCorePlayer and it in turn runs Logitech Media Server.
    Install PiCoreplayer on to a memory card. It is small enough to be loaded in to the RPi memory every time you boot so there is virtually no danger of a corrupted memory card, which is a major problem I had with Volumio. Then install LMS and Robert is your mother's brother ....
    All controlled from iphone or ipad using iPeng, simple and a delight to use.

https://picoreplayer.org/

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-8/

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    For a music server I have an RPi with PiCorePlayer and it in turn runs Logitech Media Server.
    Install PiCoreplayer on to a memory card. It is small enough to be loaded in to the RPi memory every time you boot so there is virtually no danger of a corrupted memory card, which is a major problem I had with Volumio. Then install LMS and Robert is your mother's brother ....
    All controlled from iphone or ipad using iPeng, simple and a delight to use.

https://picoreplayer.org/

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-8/
    I like Ipeng, cheap and quite good interface. Used it with an InnuOs server, sweet.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Svend.

Thanks guys! Some great suggestions here for Volumio, iPeng, Picoreplayer, etc. Lots of things to research here. Definitely more involved than just plugging a DAC into a laptop. But rewards seem to be worth the effort.

I'm Lawrence.

Has anyone mentioned Squeezelite running Logitech Media Server? I use that as it's the same software as my Zen so I already know it and can use the same app on my phone.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thanks guys! Some great suggestions here for Volumio, iPeng, Picoreplayer, etc. Lots of things to research here. Definitely more involved than just plugging a DAC into a laptop. But rewards seem to be worth the effort.
    Hi Svend,

Also look at Kodi: https://kodi.tv/ used in conjunction with OSMC (instead of Volumio and such like): https://osmc.tv/

If you've got a smart TV and good Wi-Fi, for me it's the way to go, as the interface is superb (easy to use and very intuitive), looks great, and you can control *everything* from your TV remote control! No phones, laptops or any other such device needed.

In conjunction with an RPi, streaming music is a joy, encouraging rather long listening sessions!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast