Marco, I totally get how a big hi-def TV would get one hooked on movies. I see them on display at the shops and home shows - remarkable stuff! Really stunning image quality. A good friend of ours is a true film buff, and chatting with him about his passion gives me a better appreciation of what draws people to film. Always a fascinating conversation. And don't get me wrong - we love a good film, and will go to the theatre if there is something really worthwhile showing. Who knows, one day we may get a hankering to watch more movies and then treat ourselves to a big screen box. Hockey games will be a very, er, immediate experience...sticks and sweat and broken teeth flying right out of the screen.

As for relegating the TV to the basement rec room, we have a modestly-sized house and having a TV squawking away in the main floor living room would just be too distracting for others in the family not watching. That, and as mentioned, we just don't watch that much TV...not worth taking up valuable living room space for it.

Looking forward to trying good old-fashioned unhomogenized whole milk again. Cappucinos will never be the same . I just checked the Dairy's web site, and they show that our local Italian grocer carries their products, so we might actually be able to get it during our frequent visits there. Will check next time we're in...prob. tomorrow . BTW, no dairy still does home delivery here any more. That is long gone, since the '60s. Some rather large territories to cover here...a wee bit more driving for the milkman than in Wales

Cheers,
Svend