+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on the Arcam MiniBLINK for my son

I'm Charlie.

Default Thoughts on the Arcam MiniBLINK for my son

My 25 year old son has now realised the difference in quality from a hi-fi system, as opposed to earbuds or a bluetooth speaker. He now has one of my surplus Denon UD-M31 mini systems and a pair of Q Acoustics 2020 speaker on a pair of Partington stands. Sadly he has no interest in going analogue in any way.

He has a lot of music in iTunes on his iMac in another room in his flat and would like to stream music either from this or from his phone. He won't be interested in building a Raspberry Pi solution, and I just want to find simple solution for him to stream his music library etc.

I don't have the foggiest about digital, as my audio brain is fossilised in magnetic tape and vinyl. Any thoughts on the MiniBLINK as a low cost solution? Please feel free to make other suggestions, but it has to be a plug and play.

Thanks

Charlie
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

I'm Paul.

Hi Charlie, have no idea about the mblink but how about he buys a software package called Audirvana (£65) this can unfold MQA files that Tidal hifi can stream in.

This could then feed any combination of dac to amp to speakers.

A topping d30 into a tripath amp and then onto some efficient speakers would sound v good given the amount it would cost.

Just so many ways to stream these days it's daunting at first.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Charlie.

Paul

many thanks. Will pass that on

Charlie
    R2R: Studer A820 1/2 inch 2 track; Otari MTR-12 1/4 inch 2 track; Sony APR 5003; Sony APR 5002; Studer A807/II. Vinyl: Platine Verdier Allaerts MC1B/Schroeder Reference & Model 2 Decca C4E/Hadcock 228 TRON Seven Reference phono. Keith Monks MkII RCM Other analogue source: Nakamichi Dragon with ANT4066 mods. Amplification: TRON Meteor preamp TRON Voyager 20B SET power. Speakers: Avantgarde Duo. Digital: computing at last with Prism Sound Lyra 2 A2D converter

+ Reply to Thread