+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Grant.

yup, its a disc shaped streamer. they will keep the cast function
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1 - QUAD VENA 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI 3 IQDIGI/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cool, that's all I'm worried about, as I don't use that other device.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Oliver.

I am now fully independant of the loan Kit.

I have created a Boot SD for the Pi!

Off to look at "Clocking the Pi"
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+ With Allo Boss.
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: Bigbottle Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & NEW SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Never mind that - what are "newspapers"?

Haven't bought one in about 10 years... Thought they'd be extinct by now!

Marco.
    'Newspapers' are the Analogue form of Digital Newspapers, they are the Vinyl, Cassette, CD (only tactile ) of their day, a tactile experience to be embraced when experiencing a media.
    Newspapers share a wonderful history of being repurposed, just like the other tactile media materials.
    Vinyl had some exemplary uses beyond supplying a groove for a Stylus to Plough through.
    It made wall clocks hip, it became book ends, Magazine racks, Side Tables, wine racks.
    Just as CD's had a secondary life beyond replaying music, like making dam good reflectors on gate posts, coasters for cups in your vinyl only listening room, shims to help level a Turntable Plinth, oh and don't forget the seasonal Ice Scraper, you all might be needing one of these soon.
    I don't want to disclose all the fun, so I'm sure finding out the repurposing of casette tapes will be a time well spent for those interested.
    As for Newspapers WOW! how about boot fair crockery protection, Lighting the fire Brrrr,
    Papier Mache Modelling 'Oh What memories' Putting the veg peels in for the Compost Heap.
    Top of the list though, you aint had Fish and Chips until your devoured them out of a Newspaper Wrapping, Halcyon days or what.
    Streaming, Streaming, where's the fun in that

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Haha - great post, John!

I do concur with the sentiments behind it.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021