+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Grant.

finally got my rpi to do dsd with the better laptop. only 64 at moment due to dac constraints but it was quite nice. even with the 16gb ram, you heard the fan kick in when the processor took up the task
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Svend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Well, regardless of whether X Y or Z sounds better, I am thoroughly enjoying this little gadget.

Right on, Oliver! In the end, that's all that matters.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Right on, Oliver! In the end, that's all that matters.
    Absolutely. And for less than £100 it suits my needs, plays the songs I like is very enjoyable.

What is there to discuss!! Lol

Bigman80 Guest

Another couple of hours listening and this thing has been really impressive.

Paul Simon's - still crazy after all these years, sounded particularly superb.

I'm Tony.

Another couple of hours listening and this thing has been really impressive.

Paul Simon's - still crazy after all these years, sounded particularly superb.
    Paul Simon plays well on this setup! Check out Hearts and Bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    Paul Simon plays well on this setup! Check out Hearts and Bones.

Yep, got that here. I'll have a listen tomorrow.

What's also become apparent is the quality of the file or mix of an album is greatly affecting the enjoyability.

That didn't happen before, I didn't really enjoy all that much. Now I'm hearing the difference between album quality. It's great!

I'm Tony.

What's also become apparent is the quality of the file or mix of an album is greatly affecting the enjoyability.

That didn't happen before, I didn't really enjoy all that much. Now I'm hearing the difference between album quality. It's great!
    That’s exactly what I experienced. Transparency! Really pulls out the quality.

A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Greg.

I'm running Volumio on my Rpi 2B+ with HiFiBerry Pro+. It is powered from a simple linear power supply (I hear a diff when compared to the original Pi's smps). I use it mainly as an internet radio.
    It sounds sweet. But soundwise I do prefer my CD player (Musical Fidelity E601). I have to admit that radio streams are not as good as Cds. I play sometimes some hi def stuff from a NAS. This sounds pretty damn good! I should probably rip some cds and store them on the server AND THEN compare the cd player vs Pi.

Another Pi with a DIYINHK ESS9023 usb dac is running KODI. Also very enjoyable. But it is connected to dumb TV (I've seen here I am not the only one who tries to marginalize TVs in their lives!) and does not get much use. Though an opera from youtube can be very nice!

I plan to separate digital and audio power supply in the first Pi. A buddy from my office reported great results with separate DIYINHK power supplies (somewhat pricey for in this setup).

I'm Geoff.

Have you tried the Pi with Audirvana and Tidal MQ files?

Simply awesome when upsampled to DSD!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Have you tried the Pi with Audirvana and Tidal MQ files?

Simply awesome when upsampled to DSD!
    No I haven't.

Do they do a free trial?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast