+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry pi and the delights of invisible media!

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    From what Alan tells me, it requires a different voltage, the 1.2 uses the same Voltage as the Pi and DAC, requiring no extra messing about.

Personally, I'd cancel the order and buy the 1.2 version.

I know that's probably a ball ache but I'm just advising my opinion.

The LPSU took a couple of weeks this time, nearly a month last time so schedule for a month.
    OK thanks.

I'm popping round Alans tomorrow so I'll mention it to him.

I'm Geoff.

Haven't Allo just released version 1.3 of the Isolator board?

It is in stock on the Audiophonics web site ....https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/singl...s-p-13317.html

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Haven't Allo just released version 1.3 of the Isolator board?

It is in stock on the Audiophonics web site ....https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/singl...s-p-13317.html
    I do mean that one. Thanks!

Bigman80 Guest

Well, latest little upgrade to the digital side is a pair of new Ethernet cables.

I am not a great believer in ethernet cables making a lot of difference so imagine my surprise when these little beauties blew my socks off! A pair of 5m cables cost under £20, ridiculous.

Where does this madness end? LPSU on the router next??

I'm James.

Well, latest little upgrade to the digital side is a pair of new Ethernet cables.

I am not a great believer in ethernet cables making a lot of difference so imagine my surprise when these little beauties blew my socks off! A pair of 5m cables cost under £20, ridiculous.

Nice cable Oli, I have exactly the same. I think the Cat6a is same spec as Cat7?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice cable Oli, I have exactly the same. I think the Cat6a is same spec as Cat7?
    No idea Jim!

I'm sure someone here will know.

Yes, I picked out your thread from a little while back and these seemed to be a good quality cable for super cheap money, just what I like

I don't know why they make a difference but they definitely do. Acoustic information is vastly improved. Its madness.

I'm stuart.

G
    Already done that and I believe it made an improvement even though my engineering background tells me that’s impossible. Currently building a DCG3 preamp to see if improves on my Perreaux Eloquence 250i Anniversary . If it does I’ll be looking for a diy power amp project, possibly a Pass Labs F5. I think the DIY route is the way forward as it lets you try out lots of different options for very little money. When I think of the amount of money I’ve spent on this hobby over the years I wish I’d gone down the DIY route years ago.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm Grant.

Duronic cable is good stuff.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    G

Already done that and I believe it made an improvement even though my engineering background tells me that’s impossible. Currently building a DCG3 preamp to see if improves on my Perreaux Eloquence 250i Anniversary . If it does I’ll be looking for a diy power amp project, possibly a Pass Labs F5. I think the DIY route is the way forward as it lets you try out lots of different options for very little money. When I think of the amount of money I’ve spent on this hobby over the years I wish I’d gone down the DIY route years ago.
    DIY is definitely the way to go. I 100% agree.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Duronic cable is good stuff.
    I'm blown away by what I've heard. Its absolutely madness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast